Cubs Care Park, Goose Island, North Branch

Goose Island is a small island on the chicago river near north avenue, east of elston and west of halstead.

If you drive east on Division from 94 to the lake, you cross over two bridges about 4 blocks apart. Between them is Goose Island.

BTW, there is this cool invention called the Internet (made of tubes and stuff). From Wikipedia.org:

[edit] Goose Island

Goose Island is the only island on the Chicago River. It is separated from the mainland by the North Branch of the Chicago River on the west and the North Branch Canal on the east. The canal was dug in 1853 by former Chicago mayor William B. Ogden for industrial purposes, thus forming the island. Because he formed the island, at times, it has been known as William B. Ogden Island. After Irish imigrants moved to the island, it took on the name Goose Island as well as Kilgubbin, which was the immigrants' original home in Ireland. The Goose Island Brewery makes Kilgubbin Red Ale, in honor of this name.[1]

The large facility on the north end of the island (visible from North Avenue, but only reachable from the south: Division Street to North Branch to 1132 W. Blackhawk) is the Wrigley Global Innovation Center, a 193,000 square foot facility, which opened in September 2005 and was designed by Gyo Obata of Hellmuth Obata Kassabaum.

On the south end of the island is Kendall College's Riverworks campus.

yeah, Busch handles their national distribution. Goose Island makes some good beer, but ever since the Rolling rock thing, i'm boycotting anything with ties to AB.

Yea I'm a "fucktard" - look who's living in a shithole like Ames :realmad cultural center of the fucking world. Hey let's go up to Boone and score some meth.

Edie - Yes I know about the thing they call the internets - I was looking for some first hand info on what the area is like, maybe from people that live there. Also, What neighborhood is that?

Yea I'm a "fucktard" - look who's living in a shithole like Ames :realmad cultural center of the fucking world. Hey let's go up to Boone and score some meth.

No argument here. Don't worry, in six months I'll be your neighbor. We can go drink Miller Lite together.

Goose Island makes some delicious beer. You are obviously a fucktard.

Yea..good stuff and they make good rootbeer and cream soda for us non-alchololic types.

While the neighborhood designation is up for grabs, it is commonly known as the Clybourn Corridor. It has gone from being an industrial area (Finkl's foundry being about the last large industry that will exit the neighborhood soon), that has been turned into a powerhouse retail and housing area. In the time I have been in Chicago it has gone from being a rather drab and somewhat depressed area to having some of the highest property values in the city.

LouieB