The BROOD envelops schubas

La* just told me that Elliott BROOD (past wilco openers, all around nice guys/talented/nutcase/if Sixteen Horsepower were Satantists/musicians) will be playing Schubas in Chicago on February 25th.

This is one of the few times that they have toured outside Brampton. Go, you will have a great time.

Jan 17 2007 8:00P The Attic Santa Cruz, California

Jan 19 2007 12:00P The Hotel Cafe Hollywood, California

Jan 20 2007 8:00P Lobero Theatre Santa Barbara, California

Jan 21 2007 10:00P The Make Out Room San Francisco, California

Jan 22 2007 8:00P Delta of Venus Davis, California

Jan 26 2007 8:00P Jack's Thunder Bay, Ontario

Jan 27 2007 8:00P Jack's Thunder Bay, Ontario

Jan 28 2007 5:00P Nathan Phillips Square Toronto, Ontario

Feb 1 2007 8:00P The Casbah Hamilton, Ontario

Feb 16 2007 10:00P Rose Theatre Brampton, Ontario

Feb 25 2007 ?????? Schubas Chicago, IL

I would also expect the Kidsmoke Brood to show up at the lunchtime show in Hollywood.

samples: http://www.myspace.com/elliottbrood

La* just told me that Elliott BROOD (past wilco openers, all around nice guys/talented/nutcase/if Sixteen Horsepower were Satantists/musicians) will be playing Schubas in Chicago on February 25th.
I am so happy they're finally coming to Chicago. Thanks again for clueing me in about this band, Tualla!

:cheers

:blink
  • 1 month later...
Glad you got to see them Mr Buckner.
Yes, the show was good. They covered a couple of Neil songs ("Powderfinger" and "Time Fades Away"), as well as "Ring of Fire," and played all their great songs. "Edge of Town" gets me every time, that is one of my favourite songs of the last decade or so.

Their set was marred by sound problems (Mark's guitar was having issues), and the sound guy didn't help things by basically ignoring the band all night. All in all, though, great time.

Rb

So did anybody from this board turn up at the show? It was a pretty nice crowd for a crappy Sunday night, a good 50 people or so. Wonderful time despite the idiotic sound guy.

Mr. K.

I was there!

What a fantastic show-- they were so full of energy and the songs sounded great (despite guitar problems). Casey jumped into the audience to dance at one point! I particularly loved hearing "Back of the Lot", which sounds kind of quiet on the record, transformed into something so raucous.

I think they said "This'll be our last song" at least six times.

They didn't disappoint and I can't wait to see them again.

I was there!

What a fantastic show-- they were so full of energy and the songs sounded great (despite guitar problems). Casey jumped into the audience to dance at one point! I particularly loved hearing "Back of the Lot", which sounds kind of quiet on the record, transformed into something so raucous.

I think they said "This'll be our last song" at least six times.

They didn't disappoint and I can't wait to see them again.

Were you one of the dancers? Those folks really helped liven up the crowd.

Rb