Rocco DeLuca and the Burden

They are pretty much my new favorite band, and I was wondering if anybody else here likes them? They have a lot of blues influences...

I saw a documentary about them on VH-1 actually over Christmas. Kiefer Sutherland is involved with their management/record label. It inspired me to check out some of their stuff, I really like their sound. Rocco's style on the dobro is really unique and interesting. Good band.

--Mike

I saw a documentary about them on VH-1 actually over Christmas. Kiefer Sutherland is involved with their management/record label. It inspired me to check out some of their stuff, I really like their sound. Rocco's style on the dobro is really unique and interesting. Good band.

--Mike

That's how I got into them too...the documentary. At first I wasn't impressed, then when I saw him play that dobro I was like :blink the record is really great. I'm trying to convince friends to go down to Atlanta to see him next weekend. He's a really cool guy too, regularly coresponds to the fan email.. I asked a question about the tuning of the dobro... :rock

The part in the movie where Kiefer Sutherland jumped into the Christmas tree cracked me up!

That's how I got into them too...the documentary. At first I wasn't impressed, then when I saw him play that dobro I was like :blink the record is really great. I'm trying to convince friends to go down to Atlanta to see him next weekend. He's a really cool guy too, regularly coresponds to the fan email.. I asked a question about the tuning of the dobro... :rock

The part in the movie where Kiefer Sutherland jumped into the Christmas tree cracked me up!

Yeah that was killer, Kiefer was really interesting in that film also, but the music was the main draw for me. I kind of had my doubts too, I found them to be pleaseant but nothing ground breaking, but the combination of that dobro and the voice (almost Buckley-esque) really won me over.

I should also thank you for that Brion link again, I don't know how I managed to miss that, but Uyen and Hodie inspired me to become a Brion maniac as well and I was thrilled to find even more shows and the VH-1 pilot, too. What an excellent site.

--Mike

Yeah that was killer, Kiefer was really interesting in that film also, but the music was the main draw for me. I kind of had my doubts too, I found them to be pleaseant but nothing ground breaking, but the combination of that dobro and the voice (almost Buckley-esque) really won me over.

I should also thank you for that Brion link again, I don't know how I managed to miss that, but Uyen and Hodie inspired me to become a Brion maniac as well and I was thrilled to find even more shows and the VH-1 pilot, too. What an excellent site.

--Mike

:lol and that bunny...

Yeah, no problem, I randomly found that site one day, the best bootleg other than the Intonation festival one, is the Bumbershoot one, even though it's an echo-y soundboard. The stuff with RHett and Jon is awesome. "Meaningless" is probably my favorite record of 2007 so far, even though it wasn't realeased this year...

:lol and that bunny...

Yeah, no problem, I randomly found that site one day, the best bootleg other than the Intonation festival one, is the Bumbershoot one, even though it's an echo-y soundboard. The stuff with RHett and Jon is awesome. "Meaningless" is probably my favorite record of 2007 so far, even though it wasn't realeased this year...

Yeah, I love Meaningless also. I grabbed the Bumbershoot show from Dime a couple months ago, one of the songs on it has a couple of dropouts and I think some of the banter was edited out, it's still amazing though.

So I guess this is the Mike and Sarah thread. :D

--Mike

They're playing in town on Thursday. I've thought about going to see them after I get out of class. Are they worth the $5 and loss of sleep?

$5 definately!

i hope you go. they are really good live. i hope to go see them saturday in atlanta... they're opening for some band called 5 star iris... no idea who they are though...

i've not even heard that song...

congrats on making it to 1000!

he was playing it acoustically at the end of the documentary. and i just looked and there's a Live Sessions EP on iTunes that has the song on it, although the sample doesn't give you much on what it sounds like....

he was playing it acoustically at the end of the documentary. and i just looked and there's a Live Sessions EP on iTunes that has the song on it, although the sample doesn't give you much on what it sounds like....

i really should get that EP. there's some live stuff on it too...