New Smashing Pumpkins album. . .

it could go either way...

but Zwan, while i liked a few songs on the record a lot, their one full length just wasn't all that great. It was however, loads better than the last 3 Pumpkins records (i'm including Machina II)

Zwan had so much material that never got recorded (or at least released), much of which was way better than the actual Mary Star record.

plus zwan at least had david pajo on board.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got flat out shafted in the Smashing Pumkkins TRUE shark jump moment...

They thought that they were the best draw on the planet, and they WERE a solid draw... but the time they tried to book Soldier Field (a la Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney) they jumped the shark...

I was standing in line at the local department store waiting in line for the ticketmaster counter... I actually the lottery pull, and I was first in line.

I got EIGHT tickets in the eighth row, near center, at Soldier Field!! Awesome!!

Except.... Yes, there is a shitty side to that story.

The stadium was not selling fast enough to meet the expectations of the venue/promoter/etc. and the show was moved to the World Music Theater in Tinley Park (aka Tweeter, aka First Midwest Bank Ampitheater)

There was no option to trade tickets based on section or anything... Anyone with nosebleeds could stand in a 4 day line at Tinley for the great seats.

We asked for refunds, and I never saw Smashing Pumpkins... Maybe I will go to this mess, just so that I can say that I have seen them.

I did get to see Billy join Cheap Trick on stage at their 25th anniversary Silver show in Rockford, IL.

because compared to the 3 albums that came before it, it wasn't all that great...

sure there's a few great songs on the album, but on the whole, notsomuch. MCIS was the start of their incredible descent.

I was a huge fanboy from 93-99.

Same here. Although I lost interest a long time ago, I still think Siamese Dream is one of the great albums of its era. I liked Zwan and have a passing interest in this new album. I'm skeptical, but hopeful at the same time. At this point, Corgan's become such an underdog that I'm rooting for him to put out something good again.