New Smashing Pumpkins album. . .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this like 1/2 Smashing Pumpkins?

LouieB

it's a desperate cry for attention. his solo career is in the crapper and he's quickly fading from memory.

what's his name...billy..something...? wasn't he the bald guy?....whatever happened to that guy? aww..nevermind.

Who's the other original member involved? Is it James Iha? If it's Iha that's something, but is it Jimmy Chamberlain? Christ if it's Jimmy fucking Chamberlain jesus, wtf, how can that be called Smashing Pumpkins? Zwan 2.0 indeed.

Not a fan and don't care too much but how many original members of Wilco are there left? Son Volt? Just curious what the big deal is that SP are reuniting with only two original members?

Not a fan and don't care too much but how many original members of Wilco are there left? Son Volt? Just curious what the big deal is that SP are reuniting with only two original members?
Good point.....

Really it doesn't matter either way...let's hope this one is halfway decent for all the fans out there.

LouieB

Okay, first, I wouldn't sat Jimmy was more important then James.

For Billy's defense, James and Darcy hardly played on Siamese Dream

I would say that Jimmy is more important than James. The two non-Jimmy albums in his career are his worst (adore and The Future Embrace). I think the addition of Jimmy makes his batting average better than without him. It still doesn't explain Machina though.

As a diehard fan, I am not looking forward to this. I am thinking that it's gonna be a quasi-train wreck. Zwan's album wasn't bad and I am hoping that the Chicago songs meant for that one end up on this one but I fear that Billy has other ideas. I fear that we are getting another Machina.

it's a desperate cry for attention. his solo career is in the crapper and he's quickly fading from memory.

what's his name...billy..something...? wasn't he the bald guy?....whatever happened to that guy? aww..nevermind.

Way to rub it in.

had they stopped at MCIS, or even Adore (still a downfall from those first few records, but not nearly as bad as Machina), they'd be regarded much higher in my book

Fair assesment...'Adore' was pretty much my tipping point into not really caring too much about them. I kind of liked the ZWAN thing, but I can't recall listening to it for quite a while.

looking back, Adore wasn't nearly as bad as i felt when it first came out, there's at least 4-5 amazing songs on there, but i still hated the overall sound and style of it, and it only lead to much worse things w/ Machina.

Zwan was decent, but they had way better songs than actually made the record.

Wow, I can't believe all the negativity about this on here. Maybe it's just me, but I think Billy Corgan is one of the most talented artists well..ever.

Look, I'm 37 years old now and did I grow out of the Pumpkins-style of music a bit? Of course. But there is no denying that when they were around they made some of the best rock and roll on the planet. Will Billy sell more records calling it The Smashing Pumpkins instead of Zwan or a Billy solo disc? Of course he will. I always thought it was dumb of him to drop the name in the first place. It is and always was HIS band, so let him call it the Pumpkins. Were you guys all big D'arcy and Iha fans or something?? Seesh.

And someone tell me what was so wrong about Machina and Adore?? Those are great discs with fantastic songwriting throughout. Were they totally different then the other Pumpkins discs? Yes and that is a good thing IMO.

I think the Corgan bashing here has more to do with his original fans getting older and outgrowing the music then it does about the music itself.