anyone else think it's dumb that this will not be released on vinyl?

with just the two songs i've heard, and the memorable album art, i was prepared to grab an LP of it ASAP, but that won't be happening. i'm conflicted over Panda Bear anyway. I have some of his stuff that i've been meaning to listen to, but haven't yet, and I've listened to Young Prayer, but haven't exactly ran back to it except to listen to a random song every now and then. maybe it's just because i like the Beach Boys that i'm even interested, is Bros and Comfy in Nautica a good indicator of the rest? I've also tried to getting into Animal Collective, but it hasn't happened, all I have to go on is "Feels".

Well, those are my thoughts.

I think it's the shit (in a good way). If by "is Bros and Comfy in Nautica a good indicator of the rest?" you mean is the rest of the album soaked in reverb, has a lot of crazy awesome loops, and Panda Bear does his best Beach Boys-esque vocal impersonation (very well at that), then yes, you're correct. It's a really fun album from start to finish, and it doesn't have anything much in the freak-out department as previous Animal Collective recordings have (save the trippy samples).

Don't feel bad or anything about not enjoying "Young Prayer" very much. I mean, it's an album to his dead dad, of all things. Kinda hard to enjoy it really. Also, to me, it was so long ago that to have "Young Prayer" influence you into not liking "Person Pitch," it'd be a crying shame.

"Feels" despite being the most pop-oriented album of the Animal Collective repertoire, is for me, not the best way to introduce one to their sound. I personally got started on "Sung Tongs," which is a very listenable album in its own right (and really, their most folky). I then went backwards to "Here Comes the Indian" which I personally enjoy a lot despite it being very left-field. Compared to those two, "Feels" is pop, but really... Try listening to those first.

Panda Bear is Avey Tare or somehow related isn't he? Also has something to do with Animal Collective? I dunno I have only heard a few tracks and they kinda bored me but I really like the split w/ David Grubbs that Avey Tare did. I dunno much about any of this so I could be way off.

i wouldn't let Young Prayer stop me, in fact it kindof makes me feel that Panda Bear is more serious than his Animal Collective friends, which to me is good.

i'm glad to hear you think Person Pitch is solid, though it brings me back to my frustration that it's only going to be on CD. i read this is because he focused on the songs individually which were released as 12-inch EPs, that he wants it CD-only. And while that seems like his method produced some great music, it just seems like a shame in the vinyl world, it'll never be a single album.

Panda Bear is Avey Tare or somehow related isn't he? Also has something to do with Animal Collective? I dunno I have only heard a few tracks and they kinda bored me but I really like the split w/ David Grubbs that Avey Tare did. I dunno much about any of this so I could be way off.

Panda Bear and Avey Tare are separate people, and aren't related. They are though, close friends, and they make up the core of Animal Collective (so much so that they released Animal Collective recordings in the past under the name "Animal Collective" without the other two members, Geologist and Deakin).

AC has seven, very different releases under their belt, so I suggest that you poke around in their back catalog, and maybe you'll find something that makes sense.

Panda Bear and Avey Tare are separate people, and aren't related. They are though, close friends, and they make up the core of Animal Collective (so much so that they released Animal Collective recordings in the past under the name "Animal Collective" without the other two members, Geologist and Deakin).

AC has seven, very different releases under their belt, so I suggest that you poke around in their back catalog, and maybe you'll find something that makes sense.

Ah I see. I knew I was way off. I think I have only heard Feels. I will check out some more thanks.

i wouldn't let Young Prayer stop me, in fact it kind of makes me feel that Panda Bear is more serious than his Animal Collective friends, which to me is good.

Panda Bear does seem to me to be the more grounded, between him and Avey when it comes to released material. I have an issue of Arthur though where they interviewed all four members, and it's not like the other three are completely silly hippies.

i'm glad to hear you think Person Pitch is solid, though it brings me back to my frustration that it's only going to be on CD. i read this is because he focused on the songs individually which were released as 12-inch EPs, that he wants it CD-only. And while that seems like his method produced some great music, it just seems like a shame in the vinyl world, it'll never be a single album.

I remember Comfy in Nautica/I'm Not being released on UuAR way back on both 7-inch and CD... But I never heard of this plan of his to release all the songs on 12-inch EPs. It doesn't sound very practical, even as just an idea, so if this was a real idea, it wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped because of the money involved.

However, in the meantime, it is pretty lame of him to only release the album on CD, especially since most of Panda Bear's own material and Animal Collective's albums are on vinyl as well as CD. And if he imagined the songs being released on vinyl, why not release them on vinyl then?