Autumn Defense in Milwaukee--2/28

I noticed no one posted anything about this show, so I thought I would take a crack at it.

I saw AD once when they opened for Jeff last time he was in Milwaukee--incidentally, at the same venue. I liked them then, but I love them now, and the experience is different when they have a full band. John and Pat's harmonzing was right on, and the band played a tight, lively set. Not too much banter really, but I didn't expect a whole lot anyway. The band seemed rushed in a sense, really running around to set up in between songs and kind of mashing each number into each other. But still really great show. After reading other AD posts here, I would say they probably had their biggest turn out yet, something 200 people probably. A good crowd too, quite respectful. I was hoping to hang around and see if I could meet them afterwards, but crappy weather fucked those hopes.

Next time though, as I will see these guys again. I didn't realize how good they really were.

Setlist (to the best of memory)

Canyon Arrow

City Bells

Written In The Snow

Bluebirds Fall

The Sun in California

Tuesday Mornings

That's about all I can remember. Sorry...

nice review. i hope to see them next week in Nashville. not sure if i will be able to get in yet though, because it is 21+.

They can be pretty viscious about checking ID's at the Basement.....Get a fake ID!

Good luck!

I would go, YouAreMyFace. Did they have a full band in Champaign? If they didn't, it's a whole different experience. I felt the same way sort of when I saw open for Jeff in Milwaukee. But with a band they're pretty good.