So this is pretty scary, if true

From Wiki,

According to Irving Kristol, the founder and "god-father" of Neoconservatism, there are three basic pillars of Neoconservatism:

1. Economics: Cutting tax rates in order to stimulate steady, wide-spread economic growth and acceptance of the necessity of the risks inherent in that growth, such as budget deficits.

2. Domestic Affairs: Preferring strong government but not intrusive government, slight acceptance of the welfare state, adherence to social conservatism, and disapproval of counterculture.

3. Foreign Policy: Patriotism is a necessity, world government is a terrible idea, statesmen should have the ability to accurately distinguish friend from foe, protect national interest both at home and abroad, and the necessity of a strong military.

From Conservipedia.com,

A neoconservative (colloquially, neocon) is a Republican voter who opposes affirmative action and supports free enterprise, but is not motivated by religious values. Neoconservatives tend to support free trade and immigration. Prior to 2000, neoconservativism held the position that "nationbuilding" was an inappropriate activity for America, but after the beginning of the 2003 Iraq war, neoconservatives have increasingly taken the position that democracy can and should be installed in Muslim countries such as Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, and hence neoconservatives support foreign wars such as the War in Iraq.

The leading publications of neoconservatives are Commentary and The Weekly Standard. Many Washington, D.C. think tanks, such as the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) and the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), are dominated by neoconservatives.

Neoconservatives take libertarian positions on social issues, and are unlikely to agree with Christian conservatives on issues like abortion, prayer in school and same-sex marriage. In recent years, however, libertarians have broken away from the neoconservative position, citing the tendency of neoconservatives to increasingly adopt Big government policies and to support erosion of American liberty by Patriot act and other measures.

Neoconservatives are small in number but dominate television talk shows and advisory positions in Republican Administrations.

Are either one of these 100% accurate? Probably not, though the Kristol definition seems to be losing its heft and right now the definition woudl strike me as being more of an advocacy of a supreme American state that has the ability to influence/control the natural resources of the world and conduct shows of force to keep the world in line with our objectives.

Your wife exhibits a passionate nature......defiled.

we need more like her.....

-robert

Trust me - One is plenty :)

Thank you for the compliment, I will share it with her.

-Glenn

well, i'm registered independant who happens to be a conservative so i'm a free agent and right now, obama is looking pretty good.

:huh

Wow. I've been away longer than I thought. Never saw that one coming! So far he's my guy too. Nice to have you on board.

:huh

Wow. I've been away longer than I thought. Never saw that one coming! So far he's my guy too. Nice to have you on board.

so, you think you had me all figured out, huh....

unlike a certain president, i can admit my mistakes. and he was one of them.

it's early yet, but obama is currently leading the pack for me. the only candidate i absolutely will not vote for is hillary and that is my final answer. the republicans have yet to produce a candidate that i can listen to with a straight face. how far has that party fallen?....pretty...pretty......pretty......far.