Is anyone waiting to hear the cd quality rip before making a final decision on if this album is good or not?

Something just doesn't sound right to me with this stream. Jeff's voice is too blurry and low volume in parts, Nel's solos aren't very crisp sounding in places, particularly the climax of Impossible Germany. Jeff's part in IG around the 4:20 mark should be way louder in imo. Right now SBS sounds like an album that hasn't been mixed very well. I'm hoping the cd quality will fix these problems and improve this cd, but as of right now I can't really get into it. :hmm

In other news... bought Arcade Fire's new album today and it was the first time I had heard that. That album is magnificent... the feeling I get listening to that album is kinda what I was hoping for from Sky Blue Sky... but I'm not yet writing off this album until I buy the cd on May 15. I tried comparing the mp3 version of What Light that Wilco released Monday with the ripped version of What Light from the stream and I couldn't hear any noticable difference. That sorta worries me that it won't sound much clearer come May 15.

Agreed - the mix seems a bit odd to me. Though I am unabashedly bathing in the glow of SBS (which I liked at first listen - just for the songs though, the sound leaves MUCH to be desired...) I think for sure that all it gives me really is greater motivation to buy it when it really comes out.

For now I like it...but I am not ready to say my full opinions yet.

Most copies on BT are rips of the stream from the website the other night, and do sound kind of cloudy. The bass lacks punch on a lot of tracks. The CD will certainly enhance the experience -- but I don't think it'll make anybody do a 180 as to how they feel about.

Most copies on BT are rips of the stream from the website the other night, and do sound kind of cloudy. The bass lacks punch on a lot of tracks. The CD will certainly enhance the experience -- but I don't think it'll make anybody do a 180 as to how they feel about.

Most?! PM me if you have found anything otherwise...

I agree, I think this album could benefit from a few minor level adjustments (that maybe will come to fruition on the official release) - everything could be a little crisper, and Glenn's drums could be more boomin!

A brilliant move by Wilco to leak a poor quality sounding version of this album before good ones can appear on torrent sites. This stream-rip will forever cloud people's ability to get a full quality CD rip of the album if this is the case...makes Oink seem brilliant (or stupid?).