Roches/Difford

A couple of shows I saw in the last week that show my age but are really worth seeking out: Chris Difford doing acoustic set mostly Squeeze stuff (which I kinda prefer, the full-band versions feel pretty dated to me), and the Roches, who have their first new album in 12 years out this week, are touring with all 3 sisters. Worth seeing if just for their amazing version of Hallelujah Chorus (which I kinda perfer, the Handel version feels pretty dated to me).

Note: just noticed Difford's tour's about up - chicago tonight, milwaukee Sunday.

Ah...I was lucky enough to see the Roche sisters all the way back in the 80s. Awesome to know that are still putting it together. Thanks for posting this.

I'd love to get ahold of their new album.

ah! thanks for the reminder on the roches' lp!

last winter they did a series of xmas shows as a trio--first time they've toured as such in a LONG time. when i saw them in december they performed Hammond Song (!!). i teared up revelling in the beauty and nostalgia of the whole thing.

how we love them :love

roches-706995.jpg