Aww, man. Graham Parker needs spambots? :no

You have no idea what you are talking about. Frequent viewer never felt the urge to post before. Open your mind and give it a listen you might be surprised, or maybe you like the flavor of the month better.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Frequent viewer never felt the urge to post before. Open your mind and give it a listen you might be surprised, or maybe you like the flavor of the month better.

I just bought it. Thanks!

...or maybe you like the flavor of the month better.

that comment pretty much ruined any chances of that transaction.

as for me, i haven't heard graham in years. saw him open for clapton back in '86 [i think it was '86] and he's been off my radar since then.

Awesome second post. I'm breathless in anticipation of the third.

as for me, i haven't heard graham in years. saw him open for clapton back in '86 [i think it was '86] and he's been off my radar since then.

I saw a Graham Parker/Thin Lizzy double bill once. They don't have concerts like that any more.

I saw a Graham Parker/Thin Lizzy double bill once. They don't have concerts like that any more.

Aye me as well. In Dublin at the National Stadium with Graham and The Rumour playing support. God, was that 1980/81? :ohwell

Awesome second post. I'm breathless in anticipation of the third.

[/quote

Here is the deal my friend. I joined this board because of my love for Wilco and the great fans I have met over the years who I have come to realize appreciate good music period. I buy a CD from a performer who has been a favorite of mine for years, but would not have recomended it in this type of venue if I did not think it was just a great CD. This was my sole intention if you thought there was any other motive then you are very much mistaken.

Aye me as well. In Dublin at the National Stadium with Graham and The Rumour playing support. God, was that 1980/81?

Mine was at Seneca Field House in Toronto but the year sounds about right

I buy a CD from a performer who has been a favorite of mine for years, but would not have recomended it in this type of venue if I did not think it was just a great CD. This was my sole intention if you thought there was any other motive then you are very much mistaken.

I think this is mostly a case of "mistaken identity". Normally when a first post is not about Wilco, it sets off alarms.

I'll be looking for a copy of this for sure so thanks for the heads up.

Here is the deal my friend. I joined this board because of my love for Wilco and the great fans I have met over the years who I have come to realize appreciate good music period. I buy a CD from a performer who has been a favorite of mine for years, but would not have recomended it in this type of venue if I did not think it was just a great CD. This was my sole intention if you thought there was any other motive then you are very much mistaken.

You may want to take a look back and notice that I'm the one who initially defended you by pointing out that you joined the board quite a while ago. That said, if you really do read this board pretty often you'll understand why people are suspicious of any first post that hypes another artist. You're 100% guaranteed to get shit for that, whether or not it's deserved -- and yes, I'm acknowledging that it sometimes isn't deserved. Getting all snippy about it, however, will only make things worse.

For the record, I'm a huge Parker fan (have been for at least a couple decades now) and I will in all likelihood be checking out the new album when I get a chance.

I'm listening to the new Graham Parker that I picked up at the Bloodshot party at SXSW, and got signed by Graham - who played my request, Hotel Chambermaid. First track sounds solid. From this article in the Austin Chronicle, Graham seems to like it (wonder if he's ever heard of Wayne Coyne, though).

Spotlight: Graham Parker

11pm, 18th Floor @ the Hilton

BY MICHAEL BERTIN

Come to South by Southwest, play to a room packed silly with A&R types, Rock. Get assaulted with business cards after the show, be knee deep in hookers and blow within six months. Live the dream, right? That's the point of SXSW.

"I see no benefit in it at all," counters Graham Parker. "For me a gig is a gig is a gig. That's all it is for somebody of my standing who has been around this long."

Well, maybe it's a little different for Parker. 1979's Squeezing Out Sparks is the three-hundred-something most important album ever, according to Rolling Stone. It's also older than, oh, half of this year's SXSW participants. Since then he's done some 15 albums of varying critical and commercial appeal, leading up to this year's Don't Tell Columbus on Bloodshot Records.

"I've had all those breaks," says the Englishman. "So I have no idea what's around the corner. This record, I think, anybody who is honest who hears it who knows about rock & roll will say it's the best thing they've heard this year. But very few are going to say that because perception is more powerful than reality.

"Somebody who's been around as long as me can't possibly make a record that's going to be better than anything else they hear this year. And nobody can make a masterpiece when they are over 30 in rock music. It's impossible. But it's as good as anything I've done.

"I don't want to come across as, 'Graham Parker is a crotchety old man,'" he swears. "I just tell the truth."