The Decemberists: A Practical Handbook

The concert on it was not great, but the documentary and "easter egg" clips are really cool. Especially priceless is the live footage from the Picaresque photo shoot.

i'm hoping my copy arrives tomorrow (today? tuesday.... whatever) i'll have to keep an eye out for the easter eggs

Yes - I've not ordered it though, I wasn't sure if it was worth it. What was up with the live show? I was kinda worried that it would lack their energy...

Oh I dunno if she comes off like that on the dvd, I watched it last night. She just seems to be a concetrated fiddle player. Plus she had just joined on this album/tour, she was probably less comfortable with the catalogue. I suppose biography wise this was a good time to film a dvd, but in my opinion this tour wasn't as good as the one before it or after it, they seemed to be going through growing pains of adapting their pretty intimate show to bigger theaters, now a dvd of them at schubas after her majesty came out would have been sweet.

Tho I did like the behind the scenes footage on this dvd, they really are a heartwarmingly silly bunch. Jenny and Rachel are so freaking cute in the home video footage, I think it really changed the dynamic after rachel left.