The Olympics in Chicago?

I gotta tell ya...I took the el downtown yesterday for the first time in a month or so and it is WORSE THAN EVER. We have to get our public transportation issues figured out. At this point it could take 8 years....

LouieB

I was working downtown and living in Evanston when Chicago hosted the World Cup and, honestly that did not snarl much at all. It was actually kinda cool taking the El with all the foreign nationals, who were psyching themselves up for the games.

I remember a huge group, dressed in the German nation uniform, holding an impromptu pep rally in front of 401 N. Michigan avenue and, and being a part of a crowd that gathered around them to enjoy the show. I imagine that the Olympics would be like that, tenfold.

And, with all the different ethnic neighborhoods in Chicago, there is a lot to explore, and many places for all to feel at home.

God, I love this city.

My brother and sister-in-law lived near Atlanta in the early-mid 90's and did nothing but complain about all the traffic backups due to the infrastructure improvements leading up to the 96 Games in ATL. Once the games started though, they had a blast. My brother said the female beach volleyball was his favorite event. My SIL, coincendetally, really enjoyed the male beach volleyball.