The Stooges at The Congress Theatre

Man I walked into this not expecting much, but was pleasantly blown away by a band that was tight and fresh. Kot reviews The Stooges show here.

I had to laugh at the crowd and their mixed reaction of boos when Shellac finished their set. What a bunch of morons! ;)

I really enjoyed Shellac.

The Stooges were awesome. I saw them in 2003, and that was a better show, but mostly just from the excitement of them being reunited. This was a high energy show, and the band sounded great. I thought it was weird that they ended with the song from Iggy's solo album, but otherwise no real complaints. The new stuff even fit into the set pretty well.

i was bummed that shelalc did not open the show here but it was a really good show. i agree that the 03 show at pine knob was better but it was still fun all the same. the fox theatre was definitly an interesting choice of venue but it was packed.

Who opened the show at the Fox? I can't really picture them playing there. I saw Iggy solo at the State, and that was weird enough with him humping all the statues and stuff. The Fox is way too ornate. Was that a seated show? I can't imagine that they would have pulled the seats out of the Fox, but at the same time, a seated Stooges show seems wrong.

Who opened the show at the Fox? I can't really picture them playing there. I saw Iggy solo at the State, and that was weird enough with him humping all the statues and stuff. The Fox is way too ornate. Was that a seated show? I can't imagine that they would have pulled the seats out of the Fox, but at the same time, a seated Stooges show seems wrong.

powertrane opened. yes it was seated. yes iggy humped things. everyone stood the whole show despite the seats and the sound was pretty good.

• 1 year later...