obviously, i'm a little biased and i'm going to tell you to go w/ the RAZR. really, it depends on how much you do w/ your phone, G.

Looks like the LG unit is being billed as a multimedia phone (MP3, mobile video, etc.)...but outside of the outside keys for playback on the flip, they both have comparable stats in that department. Both have the same 1.3MP camera, both look to have expandable memory, etc.

However, that LG unit looks a little ugly...

razr-v3m.jpg vx8300.jpg

...also looks really thick too. I can slide my RAZR i nthe front or back pocket of my jeans and not look like i'm too happy to see somebody. So, really, design-wise...i'd go w/ the RAZR, as the rest of the feature-set seems comparable.

obviously, i'm a little biased and i'm going to tell you to go w/ the RAZR. really, it depends on how much you do w/ your phone, G.

Looks like the LG unit is being billed as a multimedia phone (MP3, mobile video, etc.)...but outside of the outside keys for playback on the flip, they both have comparable stats in that department. Both have the same 1.3MP camera, both look to have expandable memory, etc.

However, that LG unit looks a little ugly...

razr-v3m.jpg vx8300.jpg

...also looks really thick too. I can slide my RAZR i nthe front or back pocket of my jeans and not look like i'm too happy to see somebody. So, really, design-wise...i'd go w/ the RAZR, as the rest of the feature-set seems comparable.

will my V710 cords work with that? I had three of those SOBs and everyone crapped out. WTF did you guys do to that phone?

will my V710 cords work with that? I had three of those SOBs and everyone crapped out. WTF did you guys do to that phone?

Nope, we're using different connectors now. I had nothing to do w/ that phone. Latest one I personally launched was this:

32380_pdi.gif

This is not a dig, but it amazes me when I see people saying they are on their second one of these or any other phone...I don't just say this because they pay my mortgage, but i've never had one crap out on me. Take care of the phone and it should keep treating you right...our quality/durability testing is way more stringent than the Samsungs and LG's. Just sayin.

Guest Speed Racer

While they certainly are the sexiest phone for folks my age, they certainly aren't the most practical. The razr is the only phone I have seen (three times, three separate people) just completely snap in two when it was flipped open to answer a call.

i'm not sure where these customer service/techs came up with this, but this is what they told me 3 days after i had gotten my second razr: that its a proven/known fact that razr's only have about 1/2 hour of talk time fully charged & that the longer it stays on (they are talking about an 8 hour time period) the talk time decreases. now i've had problems with my phone, but nothing that extreme on a steady basis. plus, that just sounds stupid. their solution was for me to shell out $149 for a new phone or $50 for a new longer battery. i just wanted the charger replaced to see if that would help.

my phone likes to tell me that its completely charged & then die on me 5 hours later, regardless if i've used it or not.

other then that, i like my phone.

While they certainly are the sexiest phone for folks my age, they certainly aren't the most practical. The razr is the only phone I have seen (three times, three separate people) just completely snap in two when it was flipped open to answer a call.

Three times? Really. Were the phones being used by gorillas? Again, you'd have to flip these open insanely hard to have that happen. If somebody is that rough on their phones, they should go w/ a Nextel unit designed for guys on construction sites.

Battery life is always an issue on these phones due to the thinness, but we do offer an extended battery that totally bulks up the phone if that's your bag. Again, it's based on how much you use the phone...if you're on it all the time, you're going to burn through the juice.

I am seriously considering an iPhone.

Good luck w/ that...you think that the battery life is bad on a RAZR? Whoo-hee. Also, all the web-based/multimedia/downloading is going to take forever since it won't be enabled for Cingular/ATT's 3G network and that thing is going to be so smudged up after the first day of use due to the materials they are using.

Seriously, a cool concept...but i'd suggest waiting until they iron out all the glaring bugs that initial launch is going to experience. Take off the rose colored glasses before buying one and really look at what you're getting. Just a suggestion.

who has the extended battery the cheapest?

I'd ask buy or shop.com...I have no clue. :thumbup

I am seriously considering an iPhone.

While the iPhone certainly looks sleek, I am wondering if it is form over function. I just can't imagine paying that much money (with no price breaks for service contracts) for a phone that is (other than its sleek design) about two years old in its technology. It has no high speed network and a limited battery life: two things that would be very important for me for a phone of this type. I also don't like not having actual keys. The virtual keyboard thing has never been comfortable for me. I don't even like the Blackberry keyboard types; I need a QWERTY keyboard. I have had a Treo for a few years and frankly (again other than the sleek design), I like the specs on my two year old Treo better than the specs on the iPhone. Of course this is all based on early reviews and info on the Apple web site. I've never actually tried the iPhone, so who knows ...

ok, since I'm and ELF fan and a motorola stock holder I'll get the razor. red or black?

iPhone.... bah. I can't envision a scenario where i'd ever be willing to drop that kind of coin on something disposable. maybe if they hit a more reasonable price point.

32380_pdi.gif

does it come with matching Adidas?

ok, since I'm and ELF fan and a motorola stock holder I'll get the razor. red or black?

iPhone.... bah. I can't envision a scenario where i'd ever be willing to drop that kind of coin on something disposable. maybe if they hit a more reasonable price point.

32380_pdi.gif

have they released a red razr for verizon yet?

32380_pdi.gif

Personally, i'd go w/ classic black and i don't think we've done a red RAZR...we've got a Fire Red KRAZR, but no RAZR for VZW. The (Project) RED V3m I launched is w/ US Cellular and Sprint only.

i'd fucking love to work on joint phone w/ adidas designers, but not yet.