...such as "off." :P

I think your fear of cell phones, fire, and Geico is irrational.

yes, because cellphones are the instruments of the devil. whee-hoo.

That wasn't intended as way to express my opinion of cellphones ... merely as a tip for saving your cellphone battery. I leave my phone off most of the time, and I have to recharge it maybe once every couple of months.

Damn. People all up in my grill an' shit.

That wasn't intended as way to express my opinion of cellphones ... merely as a tip for saving your cellphone battery. I leave my phone off most of the time, and I have to recharge it maybe once every couple of months.

Damn. People all up in my grill an' shit.

Ahhh, got it. However, a lot of juice is sucked out of the battery every time you power up and power down...it's one of the most draining functions relative ot battery life.

Sorry. Every time cellphones are brought up on here in some capacity, you get the obligatory detractors who base the value of these devices not on what they help people do...but how people abuse the use of them. Potential of saving a life > Somebody talking loudly on one at a Wilco show. :thumbup

Well, I'm hardly a typical cellphone user, so my suggestion was unrealistic anyway. Mine is basically for emergencies only -- I probably turn it on and use it once every couple of weeks, if that. So, I go long enough between recharges that I frequently manage to lose my recharging cable. :stunned

Well, I'm hardly a typical cellphone user, so my suggestion was unrealistic anyway. Mine is basically for emergencies only -- I probably turn it on and use it once every couple of weeks, if that. So, I go long enough between recharges that I frequently manage to lose my recharging cable. :stunned

I called you from the wilco show last night because they were playing your favorite song...but you didn't pick up.

well, how about this. I'll record part of the website stream tomorrow, and then call you and play it back over the phone. But you wont pick up. Not only because I don't have your number, but also because its not on. I don't really use my cell phone either though (The only time ive had it above vibrate is when I am expecting a call while im in the shower), and i definitely respect people that use them sparingly.