odds for another new york date?

was just wondering if i should go ahead and buy tickets for the hammerstein show for 100 piece on ebay, or wait it out and see if they announce a second new york show? (brooklyn?) has anyone heard any rumours?

I heard a rumor that they will not be adding another Hammerstein show, but will be adding a smallish Brooklyn show very soon from someone who works in the general music promotion/booking business. Obviously it's only a rumor, but I am ready to get behind it, even if it's just wishful thinking (where would we be without it, right?).

In terms of buying Hammerstein tickets, I have found that tickets that have been held for industry people etc. always get released later on, so I would keep trying Ticketmaster. I have also found that when something gets sold out so quickly there is always an overpriced ticket buying frenzy, but that if you wait until closer to the date you can generally find tickets for sale on Craigslist or eBay at near face value. People horde tickets until they are sure they're not using them (in fact, I may be hording a pair of NJ tickets, but I won't know until a few weeks before the show - I am still hoping some more friends will sign on to go).

So unless the suspense is killing you and you NEED to know that you will be there, I would wait until the ticket prices go down a bit. That's what I would do. And whatever happens you can always get $100 tickets at the last minute.

I seriously hope they don't do a night at McCarren park pool, that venue is horrible unless you show up early enough that you can get right up close to the stage. If not, the acoustics are completely wretched, everything echoes off the walls of the empty pool and there are paint chips everywhere. Not to mention the gaggles of sweaty hipsters. It's in Williamsburg, that's expected. There's got to be somewhere better in Brooklyn they could play.

I'm just hoping for an outdoor venue. acoustics, schmoustics. so, fine put them into the band shell!

summerstage would have been great, too. their show with sonic youth a couple of years back there was great.

I did wonder why they are playing hammerstein... nothing's booked at RCMH. is it about playing somewhere they've never played before?