Good Radio In Dallas/Fort Worth???

In case you haven't heard 92.5 has switched from KZPS classic rock to Lonestar 92.5, playing "outlaw country, classic rock and alternative country."

Currently playing "Big Brown Eyes," the Old 97s. I have heard Wilco "Monday," Golden Smog "Looking Forward To Seeing You," two Dead songs, Ryan Adams "Lucy," Lyle Lovett, Waylon, Billy Joe Shaver, plus many other great songs. They mix in some classic rock, Doobie Brothers, Springsteen, Stevie Ray, Skynyrd, some Eagles. Mostly decent stuff, but so far it has been worth waiting through to hear what comes next. I flipped the fuck out when I turned on my car after work to hear "Monday" blaring from my speakers, it is completely different to hear the Wilco coming from a radio station than from my CD player. Anyway, give it a listen if you desire.

P.S. For anyone who remembers Q102 "Texas Best Rock" Redbeard is back and working for 92.5. This makes me happy, I grew up with Redbeard.

Edit: In the last hour they played "New Madrid," now they are playing "Don't Think Twice It's Alright" which fades out and in comes... "Box Full of Letters!!!"

In case you haven't heard 92.5 has switched from KZPS classic rock to Lonestar 92.5, playing "outlaw country, classic rock and alternative country."

Currently playing "Big Brown Eyes," the Old 97s. I have heard Wilco "Monday," Golden Smog "Looking Forward To Seeing You," two Dead songs, Ryan Adams "Lucy," Lyle Lovett, Waylon, Billy Joe Shaver, plus many other great songs. They mix in some classic rock, Doobie Brothers, Springsteen, Stevie Ray, Skynyrd, some Eagles. Mostly decent stuff, but so far it has been worth waiting through to hear what comes next. I flipped the fuck out when I turned on my car after work to hear "Monday" blaring from my speakers, it is completely different to hear the Wilco coming from a radio station than from my CD player. Anyway, give it a listen if you desire.

P.S. For anyone who remembers Q102 "Texas Best Rock" Redbeard is back and working for 92.5. This makes me happy, I grew up with Redbeard.

Edit: In the last hour they played "New Madrid," now they are playing "Don't Think Twice It's Alright" which fades out and in comes... "Box Full of Letters!!!"

This is one of the better stations to come along in these parts in recent years (which isn't saying much, unfortunately), but the overabundance of white blues is killing me. I've heard way too much Stevie Ray and George Thorogood for my own good. It's also run by Clear Channel, who might just be teasing us with a Wilco carrot before netting us, putting us all in cages and making us listen to 3 Doors Down till we break.

Yeah, the white man blues is beating me down, but I just heard Graveyard Shift. I am hoping that after they have been around awhile they will phase some of the crappy "classic rock" out. Stick with early Stones, Neil, Creedence, etc. We'll see, but at times so far the station is great.

I'm loving it as well. I guess they changed this past Monday. I was pretty pumped when I heard the Whiskeytown and Waylon. Haven't heard Wilco on there yet but Son Volt was close enough.

I'm wondering if Willie has something to do with it considering he has voiceover promos every 10 minutes.

Oh, and I love any station that plays a healthy dose of Marshall Tucker Band and Little Feat.

I lived in Dallas for 10 years, never found an FM station. I still travel there often for work, will have to check this out.

another reason to visit Dallas--Goff's hamburgers. mmm....

Certainly a breath of fresh air in what is the wasteland of DFW radio.

I hope it will last...but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for posting this thread. I tried the station out when I went to see the Yankees last week and it was pretty good (as was the Yankees series). I didn't hear Wilco but I did hear "New Madrid." In the same hour I heard Neil Young and Bob Dylan. Not bad at all.