the national/arcade fire

anybody else there tonight?

that was crazy good.

I saw them back at one of church shows a few months ago and thought it was a lot of fun, but rough around the edges, you could tell they were figuring things out right there on stage on the new songs. not so tonight, they were just a force of amazing energy. people were just losing their shit. so cool to be in a beautiful room for it.

and seats are just a bad idea for their shows (most any good show, I think). Win Butler was encouraging folks to leave their seats and fill the aisles. and people did!

and not the best way to see the national live for the first time, but they didn't disappoint. I'm really digging their new album.

The National played very well and with great intensity, but it was basically to an empty arena. Everyone was in the lobby waiting for Arcade Fire, which is a lame move.

The Arcade Fire energy was off the wall though. I was on the second balcony and nearly everyone was standing and haveing a great time. I saw a few fights between the security and fans, usually ending with the fan pushing through for a closer look. The security was bogus; why not let people fill the aisles? And I'm certain Win got an ear-full after leaving the stage, hence the apology at the beginning of the encore.

I've been to a good amount of shows and this was by far the most energetic; and it helped that the band was so tight. Rebellion was definatly a stand-out if the night, as was Wake Up. This was my first time catching an Arcade Fire and it did not disappoint (except for Bowie not playing, I would have loved to have witnessed that).

I saw them uptown at united palace theatre on Monday. Awesome stuff. The worst of the three shows I've seen them put on, but still better than 90% of the stuff that I go see.

Do people really not understand why its not a brilliant idea for a sold out venue to allow folks to fill the aisles?

my first time seeing them too, and it was a great, fun time. Lots of energy, and they seemed to be enjoying the night.

Radio City is an amazing place, and not the usual rock concert venue. When you see a show there you have to know it's

going to be different from an Irving Plaza show.

I saw Wilco there, and I enjoyed it, it's just different, which is good sometimes, then being packed into a club.

I'm now a bigger AF fan, and Thenational too.

did anyone notice thalast National song. Lead singer was banging his stool on the floor, and he musta hit his foot,

cuz he limped off stage. ROCK'N ROLL !

I saw them (with the National) in Asheville last week. Absolutely fantastic show!

At first I thought the invitation to come down front would have to be cleared by the venue because in Asheville, the ushers pretty much seemed to just let people do it, but it sounds like some places haven't been so open to the concept.