Time Fades Away - Neil Young

...and is it good?

i spose someone must be hosting files for it somewhere?

thanx

DAS

"time fades away" was reissued by reprise in 1999 on CD. this disk is a live album from the infamous 1973 tour. i think that it is a must have, but i am a diehard neil fan. if you want to hear examples of the tour go to Dime and you will find many shows....but none in my opinion with the sound quality of this disk. crosby and nash guest on a couple tracks. if i had to list my favorite neil albums the list would be as follows:

1. tonights the night

2.everybody knows this is nowhere

3.on the beach

4. after the gold rush

5. harvest

6.time fades away

7. comes a time

8. harvest moon

9. stars and bars

10. trans(just kidding)

spongebob :thumbup

It's not too terribly hard to find in the used LP section of better record stores. I see it at Shake It Records in Cincinnati all the time. It's not quite the used staple as Reactor or Trans though :shy

It's a pretty good album. My least favorite of the "ditch trilogy." It's most notable for the song, "Don't Be Denied." :hitit

"time fades away" was reissued by reprise in 1999 on CD. this disk is a live album from the infamous 1973 tour. i think that it is a must have, but i am a diehard neil fan. if you want to hear examples of the tour go to Dime and you will find many shows....but none in my opinion with the sound quality of this disk. crosby and nash guest on a couple tracks. if i had to list my favorite neil albums the list would be as follows:

It wasnt ever reissued on cd, along with 'Journey Through The Past'. These two records are the only ones not available on cd.

It is very much worth tracking down. I have a cd version of it that I duped off of my record, but I do not know how to host it.

It has always been one of my favorites, "don't be denied" is killer, as is "love in mind" "journey through the past" and "L.A."

Ive seen it in used record stores and flea markets regularly. But finally if you would like it on cd....

Sign the petition!!!!!! http://thrasherswheat.org/tnfy/tfa-petition.php

as far as i am concerned, TFA is one of the best albums of all time. awesome. LA and Don't Be Denied are two of my favorite neil tunes. not to mention, The Bridge, Journey Through the Past, and Love In Mind. Crosby and Nash are only on Last Dance. It is not on CD. The above post is completly wrong about that. look on albumbase.com.

rider

1. tonights the night

2.everybody knows this is nowhere

3.on the beach

4. after the gold rush

5. harvest

6.time fades away

7. comes a time

8. harvest moon

9. stars and bars

10. trans(just kidding)

it's not on CD! it's part of the missing neil albums on disc.

as far as i am concerned, TFA is one of the best albums of all time. awesome. LA and Don't Be Denied are two of my favorite neil tunes. not to mention, The Bridge, Journey Through the Past, and Love In Mind. Crosby and Nash are only on Last Dance. It is not on CD. The above post is completly wrong about that. look on albumbase.com.

rider

i have it on record.

if i was incorrect(which seems to be so) sorry.

here is a link to my incorrect source...IT"S ALL LIES I TELL YOU!

spongebob :dontgetit

My understanding is that there is no master tape to work off of - it was recorded in some different way.

Many Young aficionados like to believe that this is due to bad memories of the tour that spawned the record, though the problem may be due to more of a technical nature than anything else. Time Fades Away was recorded directly from the soundboard to final 2-track masters using the Quad-8 CompuMix, the first and utterly unreliable digital mixing soundboard--against the wishes of producer David Briggs, who referred to it as the "Compufuck" but was forced to yield to the desires of Young. This resulted in a murky-sounding release; because the final mixes were those rough cuts, the album cannot be remixed.

Time Fades Away - info

rider

Yep. Easily one of my favorite Neil albums. It took a lot of nuts to release it right after Harvest. B)

I have it on cd. i was in a record shop in Chapel Hill and I saw it and snatched it up. It is some kind of bootleg version obviously since it was never released on cd.

It is an okay record. It has don't be denied and last dance which i think are really cool songs. The others are just okay in my opinion.

If i knew how to "host" it i would try to hook you up but i'm pretty bad at that.

I think it is an essential Neil Young record. The Ditch Trilogy is my favorite period of his career. Like others have said, it can be pretty easily found on vinyl and has never been given an official release on CD. I bought my copy 3 or 4 years ago and only paid 5 or 10 dollars for a clean copy.