Many thanks to an anonymous ex-Wilco fan in Dallas

Just got back from Good Records in Dallas where I ran across a beautiful copy of Mermaid Ave. I on vinyl. I have been looking for this one for a while now and saw it on eBay just the other day going for something crazy like $70. I had pretty much given up on getting a copy of it, when low and behold a find a used copy for an astonishingly low $10 at Good Records. Thanks to whatever ex-Wilco fan (dead or otherwise--seriously, who sells this to a used record store for less than $10? You either have to be dead or have become a real hater). Anyway, much love to that guy/girl. You've made my day (I'd say week, but I graduated from law school the other day and that has to be bigger than any record).

:cheers

As a graduate of law school myself, I would have to say that finding an LP you've been coveting in a used record store wins out every time. :thumbup

I spent $60,000 on law school. I really wish I had just bought a $10 record instead.

You both make good a good point. $10 would be the cheaper option. :D

Unless of course you become a big-time corporate attorney.

I, on the other hand, have done nonprofit and nonlegal work since graduation. Personally I'd rather follow Wilco on the road than build a huge caseload. :cheers

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Unless of course you become a big-time corporate attorney.

I, on the other hand, have done nonprofit and nonlegal work since graduation. Personally I'd rather follow Wilco on the road than build a huge caseload. :cheers

Or you could have gone into entertainent law and negotiated the Nonesuch deal when Warner dropped the band...that too :-)