Accessing SBS Enhanced Content

Hi Mr Beltman. I have XP too, but my screen looks slightly different to yours. My D Drive just says 'Audio CD'.

I have enabled Flash on my quicktime player, but i go to open a file from the SBS CD, and it still only has the 12 audio tracks.

Wilco are just being silly. they even sent me the email telling me to put my CD in my computer, but it appears the UK versions aren't enhanced :(

i was scanning some of the other threads on the board, and it seems that none of us Brits (or Irish) can access it.

Or has anyone found a way round that yet?

i bought my copy in london...definitely no .mov file. i have the sunken treasure dvd that has the .mov file to download the audio tracks...i had no problem with that. so, unfortunately i'm reasonably confident the UK discs do not have this file. not sure what can be done to help us here. :ohwell

Hi Mr Beltman. I have XP too, but my screen looks slightly different to yours. My D Drive just says 'Audio CD'.

Yeah, "Audio CD" is all mine said, too. When I clicked on it (or was it right-click?), a new window opened that gave me access to the songs as well as the bonus files. (I couldn't get to them using Windows Explorer, or by trying to open them from the Quicktime file menu, which seems lame.)

but it appears the UK versions aren't enhanced :(

That seems to be the rumor... if it's true, I can't help with that! Does anybody know for sure that this is the case?

Oink or Demonoid or Soulseek...wherever you gets your illegal groove on.

There wouldnt happen to be any kind slsk users with any particular user names round here, would there? File searches are showing live versions, but not the studio version. Not that i use slsk, of course.

All you need do it to tick or untick the boxes when installing Real player. Just have the basic player.

It's not that simple (or wasn't, last time I checked). RealPlayer came with all kinds of additional bullshit and there wasn't anything you could do about it. There was a minor uproar about it once upon a time, but I've not bothered to pay attention in a while. Maybe they've stopped doing that now, but I doubt I'll ever trust them.

I have the Brit version. Definitely no enhanced content. It doesn't say anywhere on the packaging that there is extra stuff, and when I put the CD in my mac nothing happens. Audio files only.

If you bought the album in the UK, regular or deluxe (with DVD) version, don't bother looking for the enhanced content... it isn't there.

Hopefully the band will make the extra stuff available to UK customers somehow?

aaaaaaaand maybe someone could PM me The Thanks I Get? Please? :dancing

Did someone say there were mp3 versions of the tracsk from Shake It Off. I really liked the versions of the title track and Impossible Germany on it.

I just got mine sent from Musictoday. Disappointed with how long it took and that there is no bonus content.... but the second part is BONUS stuff so I can't be too demanding. But I really shoulda just bought in Tower the day it came out. Coulda got the two and half weeks earlier and cheaper.

So anyway, like above - is there Wilco / Via Chicago group on slsk?

I had the same problem you people are having -- only the 12 audio tracks showed up, and they were "cda" files instead of "wav," whatever that means.

I think in my case a program called DVD43 may have been the culprit. I had the computer crash on me when I was trying to screw with this stuff, and I got a message from Microsoft that said something about DVD43. I downloaded this a long time ago and never used it. Its icon looks like a green smiley face. When I tried to remove the program, I couldn't -- I got a message saying it was running and to shut it down, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. It was a real bitch getting it off my computer.

I succeeded, however, and then I was able to see "Sky Blue Sky Bonus Content" in Explore, and I was able to download a zipped MP3 of "Is That the Thanks I Get." Is that all there is -- only this one song?

But now when I look at it in Explore, I can see only the bonus content and not the actual CD audio tracks. Oh well, I still can play the CD with Windows Media Player and of course in the DVD player with my stereo.

What a hassle! And why couldn't it have been a wav or FLAC file instead of MP3? Or better yet, just include the song on the CD.

Well, at least now I'm rid of DVD43, which apparently is malicious software.

To balance out all this negative stuff, I really like the new CD and the DVD that comes with the deluxe package. I think I enjoy the album more each time I hear it.

But enough with this Mickey Mouse download shit, OK Jeff?

this bonus content stuff is horseshit. if it's easier to steal the content than access it, even when i've paid for it YOU FUCKED UP.

Because you can't figure it out it's "horseshit"?? I'd say YOU are the F-up.