Finally A Chicago Show

I can't believe that there are 3,000 pavillion seats. At the Decemberists' show, it looked like there were only half that amount.

Anyway, I'm not surprised they're selling lawn seats for $10 -- anywhere other than the very front is basically like sitting on flat ground listening to a recorded show in your backyard (meaning, you can't see anything).

Crossroads fest expands; Wilco to add Chicago date

By Greg Kot

July 20, 2007

The summer concert season just got busier.

Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival has added Robbie Robertson, Johnny Winter and emcee Bill Murray to the July 28 concert at Toyota Park in Bridgeview. The concert had been designated as sold out, but more tickets released by the festival's production team will become available at 4 p.m. Friday at the Toyota Park office and all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling 312-559-1212.

And next week, promoters are expected to announce a Sept. 12 concert by Wilco at Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park.

Unlike this week's Decemberists concert at Pritzker with the Grant Park Orchestra, the Wilco show will be a paid event. It is expected that 3,000 pavilion seats will be sold for less than $50, according to several sources, and that at least 7,000 lawn seats will be $10. More details are expected to be announced Monday. The only other paid rock concert at the park was in 2005 by Tori Amos.

After hanging around Millenium park all day for the decemberists the other day I cant wait for this show. I will absolutely be there, probably from the morning until they toss me out late at night. Thanks Wilco for the greatest 21st bday present I could ask for.

I can't believe that there are 3,000 pavillion seats. At the Decemberists' show, it looked like there were only half that amount.

Anyway, I'm not surprised they're selling lawn seats for $10 -- anywhere other than the very front is basically like sitting on flat ground listening to a recorded show in your backyard (meaning, you can't see anything).

yea, you're lucky if you can even see the stage, much less the artists. good thing the sound is good. do you know if they allow you to bring outside drinks/picnics in for paid shows?

yea, you're lucky if you can even see the stage, much less the artists. good thing the sound is good. do you know if they allow you to bring outside drinks/picnics in for paid shows?
They do, although alcohol is officially not supposed to be consumed in parks in Chicago..(yea right...) Somehow 10,000 at the Pritzger sounds like a zoo....I hope I can get a ticket to this this despite that.....now..when is that Ft. Wayne show??

LouieB