I Finally Convinced My Wife To Go To A Wilco Concert

i read this like a casey kasem top 40 long distance letter request and dedication.

awww, shucks. i hope you have a great time. one thing i can say about mine and my husbands music tastes is that they are so linear, it's scary and boring. of course, he might like some old, stupid punk stuff that i totally would never listen to, and i'm almost certain that he loathes my obsession w/ neil diamond and old rod stewart...but other than that, i think we're right on track. except for he probably likes iron and wine way more than i do...cause to me, all the songs sorta sound similar...which i attribute more to his voice and less to the music itself. but when we catch onto something, we usually agree. for instance, sufjan stevens is new to us and it was a no brainer. one thing i love about my husband is that i only really have to listen to the songs and say "hey, what is track number three called" and he might say "impossible germany"...so i never have to rely solely on myself...cause i suck at the kinda stuff. if we split, i'll be lost cause outside of wilco (which i can't help but to know what songs are on what albums) i wouldn't have a clue which albums hous my faves and what the names of those songs are.

having said all that, my main concern here is that your wife is unsure of YHF. we must make her a believer.

and if someone IS reading this that could pull some strings at the ATL show, could you make it so that tweedy says hi to isabel from alabama, followed by theologians?

My wife likes Wilco but I wouldn't call her a fan, exactly. I remember taking her to a Wilco show (2003?) and during the ending distortion of "Poor Places" she leaned over and asked, "Is it supposed to sound like that?"

My wife likes Wilco but I wouldn't call her a fan, exactly. I remember taking her to a Wilco show (2003?) and during the ending distortion of "Poor Places" she leaned over and asked, "Is it supposed to sound like that?"

:lol

my dad said the same thing about the noise at the end of handshake drugs when we went to our first show

Awesome story ponch...

My ex-boyfriend introduced me to Wilco and I am very thankful for that, VERY thankful!!! I appreciated it even more, as he was from Chicago and was around them since the beginning.

I only hope my next b/f will be as into them as I am or at the very least appreciate them. Otherwise, they probably won't be my mate for long ;)

Btw, someone "joked" back a few weeks ago about a Wilco "singles connection" sorta thing. Not a bad idea, guys... :D

Btw, someone "joked" back a few weeks ago about a Wilco "singles connection" sorta thing. Not a bad idea, guys... :D

:thumbup

i've decided that all my bf's have to at least like wilco or the old 97's.

:thumbup

btw, your avatar always makes me smile really big!

Suh-weet!!! :dancing

If you like that pic, you should go look at MY MySpace... :wub