they came out a few years back, and are called the Handwired series. You can find info (the press release from when they debuted on www.harmony-central.com). They are similar to the custom classic vox amps, but have much higher quality components, and were handmade in britain instead of korea or wherever vox makes them.

they came out a few years back, and are called the Handwired series. You can find info (the press release from when they debuted on www.harmony-central.com). They are similar to the custom classic vox amps, but have much higher quality components, and were handmade in britain instead of korea or wherever vox makes them.

aha cheers.. i figured it would be something unattainable for us mere mortals.

the new ac30s are made in china. they sound really nice, esp when revalved, but there is a certain level of quality missing.

aha cheers.. i figured it would be something unattainable for us mere mortals.

the new ac30s are made in china. they sound really nice, esp when revalved, but there is a certain level of quality missing.

I found a handwired AC30 with greenbacks for about $1200 on eBay, so they aren't unattainable.

i thought the vox ac30 customs of a few years back were very different to those made today? here is australia the customs are well over us$4,000, unattainable to me at least

jeff has been playing a vox ac30 head in some of the most recent live stuff i have seen... i wonder if that is the new CCH series.

PS - that ebay link aint workin

Well, just search eBay for "vox ac30" and the first thing that shows up is an AC30 that was previously owned by Jeff, for $2000 US.

sure, then i need to convert the power to local power (approx $300 and devaluing the amp), pay freight on a heavy item (to australia approx $400, possibly more)... possibly being hit with tariffs/some form of customs duties etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking for something that will do a very close approximation of that amp try some of the new Crate amps. we've switched from Voxs to them as they just had the edge we were looking for in performance and price. (And they don't weigh nearly as much as those bloody heavy Voxs!!!)

If you're looking for something that will do a very close approximation of that amp try some of the new Crate amps. we've switched from Voxs to them as they just had the edge we were looking for in performance and price. (And they don't weigh nearly as much as those bloody heavy Voxs!!!)

I am liking the looks of the new Laney Lionhearts... nice price too