The Verve re-uniting...

You have got to be kidding? Have you ever listened to 'A Storm In Heaven', 'Northern Soul', 'No Come Down' (the b-sides album)? Anything other than 'Urban Hymns'? I can understand you not liking them but to say they are the most overrated band of all time is pure ignorance! Nick McCabe is hands down one of the most underrated guitar players of the past 15 years. He creates sonic landscapes not unlike those of Nels Cline. Honestly give the early albums a shot or track down a live show before making a statement like that. Not trying to sound defensive but I hope your comment wasn't made after just hearing a few of the more popular hits. Either way, this is excellent news and I hope a US tour is to follow.

couldn't agree more. love the fact there are people out there who also feel urban hymns is their weakest album. i was/am a rather large verve fan. saw them in 93, 94, 95 & 97 (got interviewed at one of the 97 shows and made the final cut into their film). those first three years they were amazing. a storm in heaven is one of my desert island discs, an album that resonated so true with me at a certain point in my life that i'll always hold it dear. She's a Superstar is though my favorite of theirs, a true epic. and Nick McCabe is truly fantastic, his sonic walls are in a large way what made the band great.

i'm actually quite seriously debating flying over to the UK for a couple of these shows.

i just seriously hope richard ashcroft's ego has subsided some and he's realized the importance of the rest of the band.

Good stuff... Ashcroft's solo output hasn't really matched The Verve output. Urban Hymns, oddly enough, I put in the car to listen to on my way into work this morning, it's an epic, epic album and certainly one of the best British albums to come out of the 90's. Northern Soul is also great, a dark and hauting album that's not quite as accessible as Urban Hymns.

Of course, the guitarist, Simon Tong, has been working on The Good, The Bad and The Queen stuff with Damon Albarn et al, but it was always him and Ashcroft that never got on, so we'll see how it goes!

Of course, the guitarist, Simon Tong, has been working on The Good, The Bad and The Queen stuff with Damon Albarn et al, but it was always him and Ashcroft that never got on, so we'll see how it goes!

Really? I always thought that McCabe was the reason for The Verve finishing on the two previous occasions - him pulling out of tours, etc. I always believed it was he and Ashcroft who had the major differing of opinions.

Still, as previously pointed out, an extremely underrated guitarist.

Certainly him and McCabe didn't get on as well, but Tong was the quiet one who, in the end, had enough and I think him and McCabe decide to take sides against Ashcroft...

Mind you, this was an article in good ole Select magazine, so who knows :)

Good stuff... Ashcroft's solo output hasn't really matched The Verve output. Urban Hymns, oddly enough, I put in the car to listen to on my way into work this morning, it's an epic, epic album and certainly one of the best British albums to come out of the 90's. Northern Soul is also great, a dark and hauting album that's not quite as accessible as Urban Hymns.

Simon Tong is not on any records except for Urban Hymns. He isn't the person with the past problems with Ashcroft, its definitely McCabe. The absence of Tong will mean little, one would imagine, since he was involved with so little of their output.