new animal collective

I've listened to the album, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Especially #1, Fireworks, Derek, and Peacebone (actually all of it's good). I got the transcode (I think) the other night, which I'm not overly bothered about, other than it messing with my ratio, as it's more than good enough to listen to until the album is available commerically.

Edit: Forgot to say, I think this is their best album so far. I believe Feels was their best before this and I wasn't too keen on Sung Tongs, if that gives you some indictation of my taste.

Still only got the two-thirds of it that's been doing 'the rounds'. I like it, they're going for a different type of sound but still keeping the usual madness.

Just wish they let Panda Bear loose on the vocals more often, which hopefully they do in the missing third.

Trip down the pigpen later to find out.

Still only got the two-thirds of it that's been doing 'the rounds'. I like it, they're going for a different type of sound but still keeping the usual madness.

Just wish they let Panda Bear loose on the vocals more often, which hopefully they do in the missing third.

Trip down the pigpen later to find out.

Panda Bear only sings on Derek, from the songs you haven't heard. I think you can get this on atease too, if you don't want to waste your ratio.

I am really looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on this one. I saw them live at the end of May, and they played alot of new stuff and it got me pretty jazzed for it. Time to start hunting around for a torrent...

I've listened to it through now and really like this, it's still got a lot of what AC are famous for - weirdness and tom-tom thumping - but it's a bit more synthetic sounding than the campfire folky stuff on Feels.

#1 is the favourite on it after the first few listens.

I haven't gotten to download it yet, since I'm stuck with dial-up until tomorrow. What does it sound like in relation to their last few albums?

Totally agree with that. And that's no slight on Animal Collective, and Strawberry Jam is very good - but when comparing it to Person Pitch - which is going to happen because of both being released this year - then it is going to suffer because PP is pretty much untouchable.

Totally agree with that. And that's no slight on Animal Collective, and Strawberry Jam is very good - but when comparing it to Person Pitch - which is going to happen because of both being released this year - then it is going to suffer because PP is pretty much untouchable.

At the moment, and I've only been listening to the whole thing for a couple of days now, I don't think that it has anything on it as brilliant as Bros, Take Pills or Good Girl/Carrots, but it's as enjoyable over all as Person Pitch so maybe by the end of the year it'll be able to compete for my imaginary top album of the year spot with Panda Bear. Oh, and I too am finding #1 the best song at the moment - it's Rolf Harris singing, isn't it?

Hmmm - I need to give PP another listen...

Don't trust Mark, he thought Joanna Newsom's Ys was rubbish. Trust me though; it is worth giving another go, at least.

At the moment, and I've only been listening to the whole thing for a couple of days now, I don't think that it has anything on it as brilliant as Bros, Take Pills or Good Girl/Carrots, but it's as enjoyable over all as Person Pitch so maybe by the end of the year it'll be able to compete for my imaginary top album of the year spot with Panda Bear. Oh, and I too am finding #1 the best song at the moment - it's Rolf Harris singing, isn't it?

And it's the fact that it doesn't have anything as good as Bros, Take Pills or Good Girl/Carrots (particularly Good Girl/Carrots - which grew slowly to become my favourite) that doesn't make it as good. But then little will be as good this year, by anyone.

It is a bit Rolf Harris, but reminds me of when we bog-washed my mate Sean who had just lost his job and would do anything (ie a bog-wash) for a pint.

Don't trust Mark, he thought Joanna Newsom's Ys was rubbish. Trust me though; it is worth giving another go, at least.

I was right about Newsom (she's as annoying a squeaky shopping trolley wheel), and I'm right about Person Pitch. So if Rich didn't listen to me, and therefore not listen to PP, then he would be wrong. And that alone would throw the world's karmic balance out of shape. Wars would start, babies would die, and you, Mr. Backpack, would have blood on your hands. So, be very careful with what you recommend.

PS: Ignoring Newsom is scientifically proven to add an extra 25 minutes to your life.

:cheers

PS: Ignoring Newsom is scientifically proven to add an extra 25 minutes to your life.

:cheers

That's like that whole "don't smoke" arguement. Who wants more time on this earth if they can't spend it listening to Ys with a cigarette in their mouth? Not me!

For anyone interested: Here's The Video (Not Sure How Official It Is) For "Fireworks" Off Of Strawberry Jam

I haven't gotten to download it yet, since I'm stuck with dial-up until tomorrow. What does it sound like in relation to their last few albums?

I'd say it's more in the vein of Feels in that it's more structured and conventional than some of their other records like Danse Manatee or Here Comes The Indian. I'm really liking the new one a lot. One of the things that I love about the band is the fact that they are so multi-faceted. There's so much different material to enjoy as they move from record to record that it keeps their stuff very fresh for me. There's something to fit whatever mood I happen to be in.