SBS CD extras again sorry

Dear all,

I'm sorry to bring this up again on the forum but is anyone in the UK able to access the bonus content on the SBS disc?

I have tried several computers and have had no joy; I wrote to the address on Wilco's site and heard nothing back.

Is this just me? I would appreciate a hand.

Thanks in advance.

Analogueman: No it wasn't. It was always supposed to be for the EU as well but some error in production has caused EU and Japanese consumers to be unable to access it. They promised to rectify it in the two weeks after the release but have since removed the "How To Access the ECD" section from the site.

Neill: Search google for the tracks. There are a number of music blogs that are hosting them - that's where I got mine from. If you have trouble pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Yeah the tracks are on the net, but the real problem is the next exclusive webcast where you need to have the SBS enhanced CD in you're drive.

Most of us spent half the London show trying to work it and there hasnt been much said about it since.

If we knew the content wasnt available from the start then we'd have bought the US version on the net.

Yeah the tracks are on the net, but the real problem is the next exclusive webcast where you need to have the SBS enhanced CD in you're drive.

Most of us spent half the London show trying to work it and there hasnt been much said about it since.

If we knew the content wasnt available from the start then we'd have bought the US version on the net.

that's right I would have bought the US version, but didn't because I thought the bonus dvd might not be compatible in the UK... :ohwell

Analogueman: No it wasn't. It was always supposed to be for the EU as well but some error in production has caused EU and Japanese consumers to be unable to access it. They promised to rectify it in the two weeks after the release but have since removed the "How To Access the ECD" section from the site.

Neill: Search google for the tracks. There are a number of music blogs that are hosting them - that's where I got mine from. If you have trouble pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Oh - thanks for clearing that up - good to have solid information.

If you didn't get the London show it has been floating around on torrent - that said the May 25th Stuttgart show is doing the rounds and is a bit better imho.

but this isn't the point though, is it? We're suposed to be able to hear the webcasts live, and for some of us, the torrents are complicated

A torrent is no problem, but the point is I wanna hear a show live, why else bother.

If downloading a show is good enough why would anybody tune in at all?

The main issue is the fact that the problem hasnt been addressed by anybody in an official capacity, makes no sense at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. I did buy the American and my DVD works no problem, but I do have a multi region player.

It's a shame Wilco have not made the content available in any other way, like the bonus tracks for Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Reading through the forums there is a lot of disappointment from UK fans who attended the shows and thought they could listen back afterwards, I would have thought Wilco, or their management would have wanted to respond.

The real shame here is that they promised on wilcoworld to fix this asap. It seems it was a bit too difficult for them and they've just given up leaving all us European (and Japanese) fans without the extras.

Dunno how it is in other countries but here in Ireland if you advertise a product with a certain feature set it has to be provided. (Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, if I remember correctly). If the product is faulty they are required by Irish law to provide a refund or exchange for a fully working product. Obviously no-one is gonna get that worked up about it, but posting here to tell us not to get these extras illegally (see "Thanks I Get" sticky) while screwing up is a bit much in anyone's book.

Search around google - there are a ton of music blogs that have posted these items up. Obviously posting links would be frowned upon but if someone really can't track em down drop me a PM.