I love this album so much. Best of the year for me. I need to get some of his older stuff.

I agree. I would even go as far as saying it's in my top ten of all time. Mysterious Production of Eggs is really good too, his previous effort. I haven't heard anything before that, nor the Andrew Bird and Bowl of Fire.

I agree. I would even go as far as saying it's in my top ten of all time. Mysterious Production of Eggs is really good too, his previous effort. I haven't heard anything before that, nor the Andrew Bird and Bowl of Fire.

Eggs is great too. If I would have had that in 2005 when it came out it might have beat Sufjan's Come On Feel.. for my favorite of that year.

Mysterious Production > Armchair

Armchair still has not grasped me all the way through: I find myself so thoroughly giddy after the first 4 tracks that the rest is somewhat of a letdown.

That and I haven't come back to it very often since I got it makes it merely a candidate for a top 10 this year. It won't be near #1.

Armchair still has not grasped me all the way through: I find myself so thoroughly giddy after the first 4 tracks that the rest is somewhat of a letdown.

That and I haven't come back to it very often since I got it makes it merely a candidate for a top 10 this year. It won't be near #1.

just make sure you're listening to the actual tracklist and not the one that leaked online...

the actual tracklist is far superior to the one that leaked...

just make sure you're listening to the actual tracklist and not the one that leaked online...

the actual tracklist is far superior to the one that leaked...

Since I had the actual CD, I have nothing to compare it with. Eggs is now familiar, but there are songs on this new one that are excellent.

LouieB

We've had the cd around for awhile but I hadn't gotten around to listening to it until I saw him as Dr. Stringz on Jack's Big Music Show. Very cute bit. After a few listens in the car the other day, I'm really digging the album.

I'm in complete agreement, though I don't know if it will even be top ten, which makes me sad.

Guest Jules

Just listened to this for the first time tonight. Crazy good. I think the last record I liked this much on first listen was Post War, and I don't even like that one top to bottom. I'll be getting Eggs this weekend.