Sept 18th Little Rock Show

I'm trying to figure out where I should be making my hotel reservations. The Doubletree is booked according to the website. The Marriott is a little pricey but looks to be within a comfortable walking distance of the Robinson Center. Are any other out of towners around here going? Any locals got tips on where to stay/where to eat/shady parts of town to avoid? I'm sooo excited about the show...will only be my second Wilco show.

Thanks for any help you peeps can throw my way! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be pricey but the Peabody is really nice and is close to Robinson. Same thing goes for the Capitol Hotel.

Places to eat: The Italian Couple is really good and not too expensive. Vino's has really good pizza and beer. There's lots of stuff downtown near the Robinson Center. Flying Fish has good fish and shrimp. Boscos is a little pricey but they brew really good beer. The Flying Saucer has a good selection of beer.

Places to avoid: anywhere South of I-630.

Apparently the Doubletree Hotel is actually joined to the Robinson Center but there are no rooms available for booking on Sept. 18th? Grrrrrrrrrr. Could this have anything to do with the show being there that night? Are there mobs and mobs of Wilco-goers that have already booked the place up? This is very frustrating. How awesome it would be if there were a room available. Soooo convenient.

Edit: Apparently I can get a room if I book for two nights. WTF? I am now puzzled by the devious methods of the Hiltons in so many ways.

Edit: Apparently I can get a room if I book for two nights. WTF? I am now puzzled by the devious methods of the Hiltons in so many ways.

I had that problem once. Try calling the city's Chamber of Commerce. It worked for me. :)

I had that problem once. Try calling the city's Chamber of Commerce. It worked for me. :)

Sweet! Sounds like a good idea.

Hopefully, I won't end up with my "warm cookie upon arrival" being laced with poisonous chocolate chips.

Where do you live? I live in Fayetteville and am driving back after the concert rather than overnighting it.

I'm in Harrison. Definitely overnighting it because my dates (who will be driving) will be drinking...I plan to abstain (a little) because the show will be enough to get me all intoxicated. :D

We (I speak for Mchris and kidsmoke too) would like to have some pre-concert festivities with the peeps that have posted in this thread. PM me if you're down with it. Oh, and if you know where to go nearby :lol

I will likely be at the Flying Saucer before the show anyhoo -checked out the website after it's mention here...looks fun. So, I'd love to meet you awesome folks and any details that are normally sorted out via PM -count me in on those. :thumbup