Well?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to leaks?

• No, I like to wait for the album.
    • Yes, and always buy said album.
    • Yes, and sometimes buy said album.
    • Yes, and never buy said album.
    • It depends. (please explain!)

I've never listened to leaks with SBS being the only exception. I rarely listen to anything but live recordings.

I listen to leaks and if I like it I buy it and maybe a few more for friends. I think leaks are great for bands. I would never have bought many bands cds had it not been for leaks. I heard Ryan Adams for free first now I've bought a bunch of his stuff. Same with Dr. Dog. I would never have paid for their music or been interested in what they're gonna do next unless I could've gotten it for free. Times have changed. I think bands will do better if they create a good relationship with their fans through free music. A leak or free music on the internet is where I hear of new music. Radio and TV, I don't even know, I don't see em hear em whatever. blah

I would never have paid for their music or been interested in what they're gonna do next unless I could've gotten it for free. Times have changed. I think bands will do better if they create a good relationship with their fans through free music.

Times have changed and yet they haven't. This is really the same role that radio once played. (although, arguably not in my lifetime)

I will say that, as somebody who is mostly interested in music that doesn't get played on the radio, I can't remember how I survived before the internet. There was an awful lot of hit-and-miss shopping back then. So having the try-before-you-buy thing available has definitely helped my shopping habits, although I will agree that I buy far fewer cds than I ever used to. Not sure if that trend is true for everybody.