Kansas City roll call

my little brother exhibits at some of the galleries down there and he/we'd been hearing some scuttlebutt at first fridays. very psyched. just hope i'm lucky with tickets.

fyi -- there's a spot on 18th street just east of locust where the sound is better than anywhere inside the fence (and the sound inside is very good).

Maybe it's just me but am I the only one who thinks it might be pretty chilly at an outdoor venue in the middle of October in the Midwest? Don't get me wrong, excited to see this date added and I'll be there for sure but Crossroads is an outdoor venue, right?

It's hard to imagine that Kansas City might ever be 'chilly' again.

But yeah, mid October could be anything. Excessive heat. Torrential rain. Snow. Indian summer. Hard to say, really.

Crossroads is an outdoor venue.

I'll be there or my name isn't Clouds of Fluff. :shifty

Anyone get presale tix?

I got a few General Admission tickets.

The Crossroads venue seems to have VIP seating for all their shows....I assume the same for Wilco.

Surely the VIP section doesn't hog all the standing room in front of the stage...?

Does anyone know where the VIP seating is?

Anyone get presale tix?

I got a few General Admission tickets.

The Crossroads venue seems to have VIP seating for all their shows....I assume the same for Wilco.

Surely the VIP section doesn't hog all the standing room in front of the stage...?

Does anyone know where the VIP seating is?

I snagged a couple of tickets.

I have not been to a show there, but I really dislike that whole VIP thing. I hope it's not like that.

Yeah. I think the VIP thing is pretty lame.

I'm hoping the VIP section is small and off to the side. I wanna be standing as close to the stage as I can....and not being able to pay 100-plus dollars for a ticket shouldn't prevent me from trying to do so.

I HAVE seen the venue, and it looks to be quite intimate. Standing anywhere inside the fenced off area will sound great, I imagine. But the floor is just wood chips over dirt, so if it rains that day, I would wear an older pair of shoes.