20. I'm a Wheel**

Encore 2

21. Heavy Metal Drummer

22. California Stars

23. Poor Places**

24. Spiders

**on the setlist but not played

WOW! Last night was a freakin' blast!!! :w00t :dance :w00t :dance

First of all, Richard Swift opened and I really enjoyed his set, but I thought it was extremely short, even for an opener. He played around 5 songs, which was about 20-30 minutes. I don't know, I just found that weird. Maybe he'll play longer sets at the other shows, we'll see.

When Wilco opened with YAMF, I was filled with so much joy its unbelievable. It's probably one of my favourite Wilco songs ever, and it just started off the night on such a high point that kept on rising! SWTS blew the audience completely away! It was almost as if Nels was working extra hard tonight to make up for the pox or something. Jeff kept on looking at Nels throughout the night as if he'd never seen him play this good before. At the end of SWTS the sitting audience stood up and applauded and screamed their faces off, but then politely say down again. I do have to say that the audience, even in the beginning when everyone was still sitting, was extremely digging the music and was very appreciative. Then right after Via Chicago I stood up again to clap and cheer and that's when jeff told us we needed to decide amongst ourselves whether we should stand or sit. I screamed that "I wanna DANCE!" which put a smile on his face and then everyone stood up and continued the dancing throughout the night.

I was so happy to hear all of the new songs, of course, but also Kamera, Company in my Back, Outtamind, and Spiders ( I can't live without this song!!). Compared to last years Calgary show, I found this one way more fun (and that's saying a lot) possibly because of the change in setlist and definitely more musically intense. The guys looked like they were having so much fun and the entire room had great energy throughout the entire show. It was also really amazing to see how many people were there last night, compared to a year ago at Mac Hall. Sky Blue Sky definitely seems to have spiked the Wilco radar for people and i do think they will continue to grow in terms of fans.

Mike and Nels encouraged Glenn to do the 'rock star drummer' pose right before ITMWLY. Jeff gave Glenn a glance that seemed to be mockingly saying "amatuer", after he gave Glenn back his drumstick that he had dropped. The clapping in Spiders. Pat's wicked guitar moves. Jeff's ever improving voice (I was really struck by his vocals in SWTS).

This is what I wrote at the airport last night regarding Spiders: (to quote myself...heehee)

"It's 1:38 am and I'm in the Calgary airport waiting for my 6:00am flight to Vancouver. Everything is still tingling. Spiders has the ability to invade my body. You know when you're at a concert and the drums and bass vibrate along the stage, onto the floor, and into your gut? It's like your heartbeat becomes an integral part of the song. Your body rhythms sync up with Glenn's beats. If you were not there in that moment, the song would be incomplete, or maybe it wouldn't even exist anymore."

Anyways, i just had a fantastic time. After the show I met Richard Swift, and all of the guys from Wilco, and got a separate photo of myself and each one of them. They were all so nice, and as I was taking the photo with Nels, he assured me he's no longer contagious! I'll have to wait and post the pics. I'm having trouble with my bro's computer.

I can't wait until Vancouver!!!

Nice review. It was definitly a fantastic show. I enjoyed it more than last years Calgary show as well. Nels did appear to be giving it a bit extra last night too, he just blew me away. And your comments about Jeffs voice are spot on, he's sounding better than ever.

I wish I was going to catch another one on this tour but alas, just the one for me this year.

Glad to hear others liked this show.

I enjoyed most of it, though I have to disagree with you guys on one thing - last year's show was way more impressive, IMO. Better paced setlist, more upbeat, better venue for watching the show (i.e. not a sitting type place). Maybe it was the song selection - A Ghost Is Born is a much more aggressive album than Sky Blue Sky, afterall.

I enjoyed You Are My Face and Side With the Seeds for the first time live. Walken and Impossible Germany we all heard at last year's show, and were good this time too. I've always thought they make a huge mistake by not jamming out the outro to Walken - everybody loves that part. A couple extra minutes of it would be stellar.

Wilco always puts on a good show. Of all the times I've seen them (this was the sixth or seventh), this one was a little more on the average side, but by no means was it bad.

here'e me and Mike

That one's really cute! We had a discussion here a few years ago about fan+rock star pictures, that they always look like this:

:w00t :ermm

or something in that vicinity, anyway. :lol And not that any of the Wilcos look like that in your pictures, but Mike really looks like he's as thrilled to get his picture taken with you as you are to be with him. And I like that in a rock star! :rock

Plus, Mike's haircut looks fab. :wub

Aww, blindgonzo...those are fantastic!! Couldn't happen to a nicer Canuck. :cheekkiss Thanks so much for sharing them. :wub

(...and everyone's tan! LOL)