Robyn Hitchcock...Sex, Food, Drugs & Insects

http://amiestreet.com/music/robyn-hitchcock/_albums

http://amiestreet.com/music/robyn-hitchcoc...yptians/_albums

Just FYI, Amie Street is a good place to get Hitchcock mp3's. I posted a thread about Amie Street a few months back but I don't think anybody responded. When an album is added to the site is starts as free and goes up in price as more people buy.

With the deal at Yep Roc is probably better to just get the CD's from there for only a little bit more but the two box sets are a good deal...Luminous Groove for $13.50 ($44.99 at Amazon Mp3) and I Wanna Go Backwards for $15.30 ($51.99 at Amazon Mp3).

If you like Hitchcock and Dylan, check out Robyn Sings for $3.00.

Any recommendations on the best 3 or 4 of these?

if you like acoustic stuff, certainly get _Trains_ and _Eye_

i would also recommend _Ole! Tarantula_ for the new stuff ("New York Doll" is simply awesome) and _Gotta Let This Hen Out_ is a great live record and a good cross-section of his stuff to that date, including some Soft Boys songs.

I'm hardly an expert on Robyn Hitchcock, but DO love the Soft Boys "Underwater Moonlight". What a great record.

Nobody's yet mentioned Perspex Island. I've read it might be his most Beatle-sounding Egyptian record, and has much contribution on the cd from R.E.M. I love this record.

(Also....just bought the new Venus 3 record. I think it might be a grower. The title track, "Goodnight Oslo" is fantastic.)

• 1 month later...