Not sure what you mean by "own." And yes, sometimes the art work does change. I think the program reassigns it sometimes.

Like have the ability to copy, edit, etc.

I don't know. I think the art is somehow bundled in with the music file, but I could be wrong.

I have a damn question. I want to use a different program to burn my music I've purchased from iTunes.

Like nero....Is this possible?

Maybe. I would guess that if it can play it, it can burn it. Can Nero play .m4p files?

I was gonna ask this in a new thread but....I'll save some space:

Does anyone know of a good, free way to convert .m4p to mp3. I have purchased a ton of music on iTunes and want to put it on a new cell phone I got. I'm hoping for something faster and less wasteful that burning CDs and reimporting as mp3. Thanks for any advice.

I heard once that there was a thing called myTunes that could do that.

a few years ago the only way to convert itunes files to mp3 was to burn them onto a cd and import them back onto your computer. sounds a like a huge pain the ass to me. surely by now there is a better way? however, apple is pretty good about restricting what you can do with a song that you PAID for. that's so annoying!

I try to get only the iTunes Plus songs nowadays.

Here's a question: we share our iTunes libraries on a network here at work - is there any possible way to snag other peoples' files, i.e., something like yrStealingyrCoworkersiTunes?

a program called "ourtunes" worked before iTunes 7 came out. not sure if there's anything that'll do it now.

Here's a question: we share our iTunes libraries on a network here at work - is there any possible way to snag other peoples' files, i.e., something like yrStealingyrCoworkersiTunes?

We do this by actually ferreting them out on one another's hard drives on our network.