There is currently a live Feelies recording at Dime a Dozen from their performance at the Whitney Museum in NYC last month. I encourage anyone who's at all into the Feelies to check this recording out. It may be the best Feelies recording I've ever heard.

• 1 month later...

anyone heard rumors about new recorded material? I seem to remember something a while back, but then didn't hear any follow-up. Anyone? Anything?

They have been playing a couple of new songs that sound pretty good.

I found this quote in this interview.

Howard: And are you guys recording at all?

Glenn: I did demos of some new songs. I have kind of been recording all along. I did a solo record, had everybody from the Feelies except Bill play on it. We are kind of looking toward that as a goal. But not knocking ourselves out with it either. We never were really that prolific anyway so…I can’t foresee us having albums with this stuff any time soon but we are working towards that.

• 6 months later...

Saw the Feelies last night at the Middle East in Cambridge (MA). As always, they put on a really great show. When it was announced that the show was "An Evening with Feelies" and that there would be two sets, I assumed that one of the sets would be the Crazy Rhythms album in its entirety, which they had done last fall. It seemed to be heading in that direction because the first set contained nothing from Crazy Rhythms, but then they started the second set and played almost nothing from Crazy Rhythms either. By the end of the night they had played (I think) five songs from the album but they spread it around.

One weird -and sort of annoying - thing was that they played five encores. I know it sounds weird to complain about more music but it was all in how they handled it. Four of the encores were two songs and the fifth was just one song. If you know you are going to play all of those songs, why not just stay out and play them? The crowd was enthusiastic but it's not like the crowd was so crazy that the band was obligated to come back out.