Bob Dylan at Merriweather

just got back from the dylan show. i found it rather underwhelming. working man blue's was great, incredible version of master's of war, and everything else was eh. i felt like someone had set the metronome two clicks two slow. my friend that was with me was really bothered by the organ and felt like she was at a carnival. it was sort of like rolling thunder revue in slow motion. not my favorite dylan show, no my least favorite either, i don't think. but it did make me realize that i don't really care for the modern times album. it was odd. odd crowd too, but good people watching.

anyone else go?

I did a lot of people watching the last time I saw Dylan, which was over the summer. It was the strangest assortment of people I think I've ever seen in one place.

He didn't play too many newer songs at that show, and there were some great rearrangements of some older songs like Masters of War and Every Grain of Sand. It was probably the best Dylan show I've been to, despite the strange and cranky crowd, my lousy spot, and the really hot weather. The band was pitch-perfect for the whole show. I'm not crazy about Modern Times, either. Nothing he's done since Time Out of Mind has been nearly as good, IMO. I still haven't gotten around to picking up Love and Theft, but there are other Dylan albums I want to get first. I keep thinking I might just go crazy and buy that big set on iTunes.

I saw Dylan and Costello last night.

Costello was amazing, so good. Good thing I paid to see him mostly.

Dylan was sub-par. I saw him last year in Pawtucket, RI and it was great, last night was just...blah...

Nothing special, he barked his way through the songs, and his band seemed to be having as much fun as a band playing in an empty bar...

I did a lot of people watching the last time I saw Dylan, which was over the summer. It was the strangest assortment of people I think I've ever seen in one place.

He didn't play too many newer songs at that show, and there were some great rearrangements of some older songs like Masters of War and Every Grain of Sand. It was probably the best Dylan show I've been to, despite the strange and cranky crowd, my lousy spot, and the really hot weather. The band was pitch-perfect for the whole show. I'm not crazy about Modern Times, either. Nothing he's done since Time Out of Mind has been nearly as good, IMO. I still haven't gotten around to picking up Love and Theft, but there are other Dylan albums I want to get first. I keep thinking I might just go crazy and buy that big set on iTunes.

how can you say nothing dylan has done since "Time Out of Mind" was as good if you haven't herd the follow up? Its way better then Modern Times; i'd go as far as to call it essential

Costello was amazing.

Dylan was sub-par. I saw him last year in Pawtucket, RI and it was great, last night was just...blah...

Nothing special, he barked his way through the songs, and his band seemed to be having as much fun as a band playing in an empty bar...

i agree. the last time i saw him was at the 9:30club, it was during the Love and Theft days and it was amazing, but after several shows back to back, i got the sense that it wasn't going to be the same anymore. i've seen some amazing dylan shows. last friday was not one of them. i think there is a lot to be said for larry campbell. and getting older.

Modern Times

Love & Theft

Time Out Of Mind

Nashville Skyline

The Basement Tapes

Blood On The Tracks

Bringing It All Back Home

Blonde On Blonde

Freewheelin'

Hwy 61 Revisited

I suggest listening to them alone and in their entirety.

Get one from each decade and check them out. Greatest Hits pkg is cool and all................. if you are a "Lazy Listener" :heehee

Modern Times

Love & Theft

Time Out Of Mind

Nashville Skyline

The Basement Tapes

Blood On The Tracks

Bringing It All Back Home

Blonde On Blonde

Freewheelin'

Hwy 61 Revisited

I suggest listening to them alone and in their entirety.

Get one from each decade and check them out. Greatest Hits pkg is cool and all................. if you are a "Lazy Listener" :heehee

Interesting suggestion of must listens. I would replace Modern Times with Oh Mercy, Love & Theft with Slow Train Coming, and Nashville Skyline with Planet Waves.

Interesting suggestion of must listens. I would replace Modern Times with Oh Mercy, Love & Theft with Slow Train Coming, and Nashville Skyline with Planet Waves.

you could if the list were your suggestions ;)