dropkick murphys - the meanest of times

Whenever I hear this band's name I think of the old country song "dropkick me Jesus through the goalpost of life..."

I know it has nothing to do with this thread, but no one else was chiming in.

LouieB

that's probably the most original line i've ever heard in a song.

i'm glad you chimed in. that made my day.

What does the new stuff sound like. Seems like they've been moving in a (relatively) folky direction over the course of their career. I saw them a couple times when they were first starting out and they were definitely fun, but I don't find myself listening to those first albums too much anymore.

Blacklist, however, seems to keep popping up on my ipod and I'm constantly surprised how much I like it.

I saw them a bunch of times when they first started. They were always sharing shows with another Boston band called The Ducky Boys. Pretty much everyone I knew at the time said the Dropkick Murphys were okay but the Ducky Boys were really going places. WTF did we know. :lol

Pretty much everyone I knew at the time said the Dropkick Murphys were okay but the Ducky Boys were really going places. WTF did we know. :lol

I remember hearing a lot about the Ducky Boys, but not in a long time. I wonder how much the disparity of success between these two bands has anything to do with the relative coolness of their band names?

I remember hearing a lot about the Ducky Boys, but not in a long time. I wonder how much the disparity of success between these two bands has anything to do with the relative coolness of their band names?

:lol

The only logical explanation for their name is Boston's Duck Tours. But even with that connection it's still a horrible name.

I definitely prefer the first DKM album (with Mike on vocals) to the later ones.

I can understand that. I didn't like the first record they put out after changing singers and the older songs sounded strange live with somebody else singing them.