Magnolia Electric Co.

I saw Magnolia Electric Co for the first time on the 31st of August. I agree that it was too short but besides that it was great. Did they do the Hammer Down -> Montgomery medley? That was pretty great.

I agree that it was too short

Just to clear things up I never said it was too short. Just short. Closer to 60 mins. than 80. I enjoyed every minute of it and left very happy. We drove 2hrs. both ways and would do it again. I would like to see Jason Molina solo sometime although the Netherlands is out of my reach. I won't leave North America for a show. Not even if it was 80 minutes. B)

saw 'em down here in charleston two weeks ago and it was really goo. watson twins opened which i thought would blow but they were pretty good. magnolia electric were a little more mellow than i expected based upon the trial and errors cd but were great. don't know how long they played but i'd imagine it was at least a 90 minute set.

• 1 month later...
I saw Magnolia Electric Co. last night for the first time. Short but very sweet just like I expected from previous posts over the years from VCers. B)

'

on the ironic side of the short issue...when they played the fillmore last spring, jason said..."ok, we've got time for 2 more..." the crowd was basically unsupportive/silent(except for the typical inane chitchat, cell phone bs that is so common nowadays at shows)...he then said, " ok, sounds like 1 more.."