they're playing here (minneapolis) tonight. i will not be going. no marc or ed. the crowes are my fave band ever & i love chris but no marc or ed is not the crowes to me. i've seen them almost 10 times & everytime w/ those two. it'd be too weird.

they're playing here (minneapolis) tonight. i will not be going. no marc or ed. the crowes are my fave band ever & i love chris but no marc or ed is not the crowes to me. i've seen them almost 10 times & everytime w/ those two. it'd be too weird.

I didn't realize Ed was gone too!! Crap! I've only seen them with those two as well, so it'll be a bit weird.

That being said, I saw Paul Stacey play with Chris Robinson a few years ago, and not only was it the best concert I've ever seen in my life, PS was like 60% of the reason why, so I'm pretty excited to see how he does with the band.

damn it, i am slow today. i saw this and was going to be all bad ass, contact my friend who is married to a black crowe and get the whole inside track first to know, but Analogman saved the day (or stole the day). i should contact my friend anyway, i haven't spoken to her in ages!

damn it, i am slow today. i saw this and was going to be all bad ass, contact my friend who is married to a black crowe and get the whole inside track first to know, but Analogman saved the day (or stole the day). i should contact my friend anyway, i haven't spoken to her in ages!

yep, and you should totally tell her that there's a large group of fans in St. Louis that would love nothing more than to meet the guys in the band. (wink wink nudge nudge)

or tell her that i want two free tix for tonight! haha

paul is very good & the NEM show i saw in 2003 was the best show i've ever been too. but the crowes to me are defined by marc, ed, chris and rich. not just chris/rich. which is why i never saw them from 1997 - 2001.

paul is very good & the NEM show i saw in 2003 was the best show i've ever been too. but the crowes to me are defined by marc, ed, chris and rich. not just chris/rich. which is why i never saw them from 1997 - 2001.

I agree to an extent, but I'm just not going to stop going to see them though.

I mean hell, look at Wilco. They've recorded 6 albums with 6 different lineups. I can live with a little change.

what about steve?

From what I have read on a BC message board - the feeling seems to be that Luther Dickinson is going to replace him at some point.
that would be amazing

Also - from what I have been reading - they are mostly playing the so-called greatest hits setlist these days. And there seems to be a lof of negative comments about the shows in general.
like what? I've looked over some of their recent set lists and I think they look pretty damn good. They haven't released an album in like 5 years, so what are they supposed to be playing?
that would be amazing

like what? I've looked over some of their recent set lists and I think they look pretty damn good. They haven't released an album in like 5 years, so what are they supposed to be playing?

I think the hardcore fans want more jamming - less Hard To Handle, etc.

Don't Do It

Sting Me

Twice As Hard

Jam -> Black Moon Creeping

Seeing Things

My Morning Song

Sometimes Salvation

Ballad In Urgency ->

Wiser Time

Soul Singing ->

Thorn In My Pride

Remedy

- encore -

Boomer's Story

That does not look to bad - but then, we were not there to hear what it sounded like.

kind of glad i didn't go last night. setlist isn't that great:

Don't Do It

Sting Me

Twice As Hard

Jam -> Black Moon Creeping

Seeing Things

My Morning Song

Sometimes Salvation

Ballad In Urgency ->

Wiser Time

Soul Singing ->

Thorn In My Pride

Remedy

- encore -

Boomer's Story

# Rich played the show in a chair, as he broke his ankle the previous day

# The Buffalo Killers opened the show

# Chris played acoustic guitar on "Don't Do It".