Were You Ever In A Cover Band?

Well...

Long ago and far away...

OK...1977 East Texas. I was a senior in High School.

Not quite desolate, but Picture The Dukes of Hazard meets Deliverance.

Oh my God ... I thought I was the only person on the planet who would openly admit to being raised in East Texas. DOH meets Deliverance is right!

In high school I played in a few different bands. One gig we had was at some kid's house on a random Friday night. We played the typical Steve Miller Band, Grateful Dead, Beastie Boys, Jimi Hendrix tunes. We were not very good but could hold together for a few songs.

After one of our breaks, these kids come up to us and ask, "we play in a band too, could we give your instruments a try?" What the hell, we had just put the place to sleep with our version of The Joker. So, these kids get up, tune up a little then break into a note perfect rendition of Hot for Teacher.

Needless to say, we pack our gear up soon after and never played another gig.

I'm the short guy. There's a few funny stories about this band, like starting because of our High School's Battle of the Bands [this was like last April, May] getting about 4 weeks of practice and placing second, beating out a group of jazz kids doing incredible versions of originals and Lady Madonna. Then, we played at some parties and stuff, and entered a second battle of the bands and placing dead last against a lot of the same group. Oh Well!