• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them backup Ozzy on the Blizzard of OZ tour and backup co-headline with Billy Squire. Odd match-up both great shows.

I saw them on the Blizzard tour also. I'd never heard em before that. Those dudes were around the same age as I was. I have to honest and say they didn't exactly bowl me over.

Now Ozzy with Rhoads - that was some good stuff. Small theatre, first 10 rows. Such a shame that RR died like 6 months later. :ohwell

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could still find my Vinnie Vincent Invasion cassette...

rock.gif

Wow. I haven't heard that name in well over a decade...

I was 11

I don't think I've heard anything since then that I could stomach. I'm usually pretty easy on pop bands, but I find some of that hysteria stuff down right offensive

I was 12 and I hate Hysteria, too.

But still I know all the words to "Rock Of Ages" (God help me).

Any yeah, I hadn't heard anything since then that I could stomach either. But one night I was listening to the Loop here in Chicago and they played "Waterloo Sunset" out of the blue. It obviously wasn't The Kinks, but an obviously newer version with crunchy guitars and all that. And I found myself really digging it.

Then the DJ came on and let me know that it was Def Leppard, from their new album of cover tunes and that piqued my interest. I got the album and it reminded me exactly why I did like that band all those years ago and why, despite myself, I still really did like Pyromania.

Believe me, Def Leppard would be the last band I'd be pimping, but get over it. They're a damn good rock band (High and Dry is a good record, too) and this is an excellent, just plain fun album.

I was a teenager in the 80's and didn't like anything after High 'n' Dry. They were just too slick musically for my taste. It just got worse from there. I thought Pyromania had a cool album cover, but that was about it.

As far as the Leppard "covers" album. Kind of sad that a band that age resorts to a cover album that late in their career. Nice choice of songs, but I prefer the original versions done by the original artists.

I was a teenager in the 80's and didn't like anything after High 'n' Dry. They were just too slick musically for my taste. It just got worse from there. I thought Pyromania had a cool album cover, but that was about it.

As far as the Leppard "covers" album. Kind of sad that a band that age resorts to a cover album that late in their career. Nice choice of songs, but I prefer the original versions done by the original artists.

It's all the rage these days - I believe due to the success of Rod Stewart's American Songbook series.

It's all the rage these days - I believe due to the success of Rod Stewart's American Songbook series.

You know what's weird? My Mom has those Rod Stewart American Songbook CD's. MY FREAKIN' MOM!!!

WTF?

She never knew who the hell Rod Stewart was till he came out with those.

You know what's weird? My Mom has those Rod Stewart American Songbook CD's. MY FREAKIN' MOM!!!

WTF?

They have sold several million copies. I think it is pathetic - all of these dudes doing cover albums. I mean - I like the occasional cover - but not this sort of thing.

They have sold several million copies. I think it is pathetic - all of these dudes doing cover albums. I mean - I like the occasional cover - but not this sort of thing.

Maybe we should blame this on Tony Bennett? Didn't he kick off this whole trend?

All I know is that "Hanging On the Telephone" is great.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9t4fe

seriously.

Do you know who did that originally? Note - it was not Blondie. Sorry - dude - I cannot deal with their drum sound long enough to even consider listening to one of their songs.

I believe it was The Vapors.

WTF?

The saddest thing is that Rod sounds like crap these days. He can barely croak out a tune anymore.