Amazing bands that go unmentioned here

The best American band around right now.

Better than Wilco? Man that's a big call. I got into RF before Wilco due to Uncut magazine. Had YHF and AAGIB for a while and thought they were ok. Saw the DVD docus, bought the back catalogue andf listened to the living room show and then I was HOOKED to Wilco.

Saw RF live at the Greenman this year and they dissapointed me. I have seen them many a time before and they were great. Perhaps they don't like festivals?

PS my fave album is Post to Wire.

The Wedding Present

I've just really heard a lot of their stuff for the first time, and they are the quintessential BritPop band. Especially since nobody in the US EVER listens to them.

Toots & The Maytalls

Another band I've just discovered and, for my money, Toots has one of the greatest voices in the history of modern music.

The Wedding Present

I've just really heard a lot of their stuff for the first time, and they are the quintessential BritPop band. Especially since nobody in the US EVER listens to them.

Not true. This Yankee is a long-time Weddoes/Cinerama fan. Been listening to Gedge's stuff since 1991. Saw them in Atlanta on their last tour in 1996, a few months before their 6-year hiatus started. They're slowly working on the follow-up to "Take Fountain." Can't fuckin' wait.

Not true. This Yankee is a long-time Weddoes/Cinerama fan. Been listening to Gedge's stuff since 1991. Saw them in Atlanta on their last tour in 1996, a few months before their 6-year hiatus started. They're slowly working on the follow-up to "Take Fountain." Can't fuckin' wait.

A generalization, of course. I know that they have their Anglophile fans here. I have many friends who have sung their praises for years. I just never listened to them... or, rather, always had another album that I wanted more than theirs when I went to buy records.

I'm actually surprised that no one talks about Grant Lee Phillips. I know that nobody I know has any clue who he is. I guess it is just my weird little mind thinking again that just because I really like somebody that everyone else should too. :frusty