Zaragoza 11/10/2007

Got a very excited phone call from my brother who was at the show. It was the second time he had seen them there in three years in what might the smallest venue the band will play this year - capacity of about 400 - 500. He said that as much as he loved the show supporting "AGIB" this was even better. Just I had thought when I had seen Wilco earlier this summer he commented on how animated Nels was and how into his performance he was. It sounds like the band closed with "I Got You" and "Outta Site". Seemingly Jeff was in relaxed mood, commented on how good the Spanish crowds are and led the band into a spontaneous version of "Theologians" after taking or asking for any requests. He also made mention of a Paul from the States who was at the show as being the most ardent of their fans and offered some light-hearted advice about his need to get a life. No set-list although my brother promised one tomorrow (he was calling from a bar at 1.30 in the morning after the show). It sounds like the band started with "Either Way" and "You Are My Face" and other songs included "Heavy Metal Drummer", "Handshake Drugs", "Walken", "California Stars", "Hate It Here", "IATTBYH", War on War", "Shot In the Arm" and "Spiders". Must have been a long set: Wilco came on at approximately 10.30 and left the stage at 12.55.

...He also made mention of a Paul from the States who was at the show as being the most ardent of their fans and offered some light-hearted advice about his need to get a life....

Gotcha Bebop ! Now we all know you were there :ninja !

To Paul's defense, following the band around the world and taking some time discovering all those foreign places IS getting a life.

Anyway, now we know we'll get a setlist very soon.

Samuel

Great show of WILCO in Spain. The best of the 3 shows in our country. Very small venue and beautiful place to enjoy the band. The crowd was very excited with the show, specially on the encores. They play Theologians for a request of a fan and Jeff was sitting on the stage singing Hummingbird with the people of first row. It was a great moment like the amazing second encore.

This is the set-list:

Either Way

You Are My Face

War on War

I

To Paul's defense, following the band around the world and taking some time discovering all those foreign places IS getting a life.

Yeah, I gotta say that from the evidence of time I've spent with him, Paul has quite an excellent life.

Glad you got the shout-out, Paul, even though I'm sure it made you cringe.

Great show of WILCO in Spain. The best of the 3 shows in our country.

It certainly looks like it was a bit of a classic! They seem to be really pulling out the stops towards the end of this trip. I think the shows in Dublin will also be something special and if it wasn't for the fact that I would lose my job, end up divorced and be even broker than I am already, I would try to figure out some way of getting to the Wednesday show. Umm, let me go and think about that.

Yeah, I gotta say that from the evidence of time I've spent with him, Paul has quite an excellent life.

Glad you got the shout-out, Paul, even though I'm sure it made you cringe.

I was so busy cringing that I didn't hear the part about getting a life. Duly noted, though. I'll see what I can do. :pirate

And Dunja, it's a lot cheaper to fly over in November than, say, summer. Hotels are cheaper, too. Wish you could have been here. Now can you do something about that euro-dollar exchange rate? :angry