feist - like or no?

i agree the album version isn't that great, but her solo version of it is stunning IMO:

http://www.publicradio.org/tools/media/pla...50708_feist.pls

I'll give that a listen. The instrumentation on the album version is most of what bugs me. Her voice is pretty well suited to the song.

there's a few songs on The Reminder that are better than anything off Let It Die, but overall it's just too slow/mellow and a bit of a downer for me. i like her uptempo stuff a lot too.

That's exactly the impression I had when I listened to The Reminder yesterday. I liked the two songs from the SNL performance, but for the most part the album just put me to sleep. I'll check out Let It Die at some point...

Are you guys really hearing her "everywhere?" If so, good for her. I also dislike the iPod ad (surprise, surprise), but I don't watch nearly enough TV to have seen it more than once or twice. Saw her with Elvis Costello in Buff a few months ago, and yes, that bill is precisely as fucking awesome as it sounds. I played 1-2-3-4 on the jukebox at the local watering hole the other night, too! Woo!

Interesting to note that The Reminder seems to take a back seat to LID in this thread. That's a first that I've observed. I used to be in that camp, but the new record is a lot more sophisticated and a bit of a grower compared to the last one. The only thing I don't like on it is the production on The Park. Definitely one of my favs of 2007, though. Her knack for songcraft is just exceedingly rare. Brandy Alexander, I Feel It All, My Moon My Man, etc. Tons of great stuff on here.

The only thing I don't like on it is the production on The Park.

bingo. the only real gripe i have with the record. it could also lose a track or two and i wouldn't really mind that much. but otherwise, i do like it more than Let It Die.

and other than that Apple Ad, do people really hear her everywhere? I rarely listen to radio anymore, but...I mean, come on, I'd rather Feist all the time then Gwen Stefani or any of the other alternatives.