2/7/2008

Washington

DC

9:30 Club

2/8/2008

Philadelphia

PA

World Caf

the last song on the album is just god awful... might be one of their worst songs actually

they've only made 2 great albums in my book, but still a bit bummed as their last one was pretty killer. there's maybe 1 or 2 songs that i'm enjoying as much as the best stuff on that one.

most Marah fans i know hate it, but i'm willing to give it more time and call it hit or miss for now.

the last song on the album is just god awful... might be one of their worst songs actually

they've only made 2 great albums in my book, but still a bit bummed as their last one was pretty killer. there's maybe 1 or 2 songs that i'm enjoying as much as the best stuff on that one.

most Marah fans i know hate it, but i'm willing to give it more time and call it hit or miss for now.

Funny, most Marah fans I know absolutely love it. The first part of the record is a grower, but once you hit "Angels on a Passing Train" it's all gravy train.

I absolutely like it... it's difficult for me to get into music that is stuck inside the computer but I'm looking forward to the upcoming release. Love the EP, love the stream....

Thus far, the only Marah album that has disappointed me is "Float Away". Unfortunately, I really think they missed an opportunity to take themselves to another level momentum-wise.

At any rate, as Solace pointed out, seeing them live will absolutely land you as a fan.

As someone who only owns one of their albums, which two are the best?

I like Marah..they are kind of an indie rock jug band....

LouieB

for me: Kids In Philly and If You Didn't Laugh, You'd Cry

for most Marah fans i know? Kids In Philly & Let's Cut The Crap

As someone who only owns one of their albums, which two are the best?

I like Marah..they are kind of an indie rock jug band....

LouieB

I'd get Kids In Philly, then If You Didn't Laugh..., AOD, and then Let's Cut the Crap.

Download East, Freedom Park, Pigeon Heart, and Body from 20,000 streets, and What 2 Bring from "Float Away Deoconstructed." Then download their 2006 Austin City Limits performance.

I'd get Kids In Philly, then If You Didn't Laugh..., AOD, and then Let's Cut the Crap.

Download East, Freedom Park, Pigeon Heart, and Body from 20,000 streets, and What 2 Bring from "Float Away Deoconstructed." Then download their 2006 Austin City Limits performance.

Freedom Park is a great song... HOWEVER, the studio version of Freedom Park with the "shimmy shimmy cocoa puff" female vocals is so cheesy and annoying :yucky

The beauty of Amazon is I just got three Marah albums for $17 including shipping. I know the group gets squat, but someone once bought them. I plan to see them in January so I will buy some real merch then. I have wanted the new vinyl EP so I guess that could make up for my bad faith buying these things used.

LoueiB

• 2 weeks later...