AGIB Enhanced CD

First ever post having just discovered this site, www being a big place after all. Been a fan since Summerteeth, name of this site being the definitive Wilco song, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, having not kept up with recent releases I bought AGIB on CD at the start of this year via the CDWow website. I didn't notice the CD was an enhanced CD (Doh!) when it arrived (from Hong Kong?!). Having finally got SBS some weeks ago and then noticing the Bonus EP download news item on Wilcoworld, I checked the small print on the back of AGIB and found the enhnaced CD logo!

Sticking it in my PC it opens the screen showing the bonus tracks and allows you to stream them and listen, but I cannot get them to download. Does anyone know if this is because they are no longer avaiable as bonus downloads? I see I could buy them on iTunes but, although it seems a bit tight-fisted, I'd like to get hold of them for nothing!

Can anyone help me on this one?

And.....does anyone know anything about any plans to re-schedule the cancelled November UK dates??

Thanks!

This page is still available on wilcoworld, so I'm guessing that they're still supposed to be available.

And this post from about a year ago says that they were supposed to still be downloadable then, so again, seems like they should still be available now.

And from around the same time (this was related to people having trouble downloading the Sunken Treasure tracks), Wilco HQ posted again to say that you can contact them at support@wilcoworld.net for help with these things.

Hope that helps. Welcome to VC! :wave

Oh, and I've got nothin' on the UK dates. Sorry. :hmm

Well, I like to help people get the goods.

Yeah, you're a good guy that way. :yes

Any word on that one deal?

No, since I haven't gotten off my ass to finish the follow-up stuff yet. Hopefully in the next week or so.

Yeah, you're a good guy that way. :yes

No, since I haven't gotten off my ass to finish the follow-up stuff yet. Hopefully in the next week or so.

I have exactly 100 shows listed right now - of course, many of them are dead seeds. Another reason why they should go for that one deal. I am not about to beg people to seed - more than once anyhow.

I think those are going to be flac files. If you haven't worked with those before, check out this thread for links to how-to sites.

Cheers - thanks for the tip. Have converted some before but this is handy to have.

Guess it's the middle of Friday afternoon in SF hence the forum activity - make sure you boss isn't looking over your shoulder!

Or maybe you are the boss........ :unsure

actually, werent people in the UK saying the enhanced part doesnt work for them?

I think that was just the SBS stuff, I don't recall it being an issue with AGIB.

Guess it's the middle of Friday afternoon in SF hence the forum activity - make sure you boss isn't looking over your shoulder!

Or maybe you are the boss........ :unsure

No, not the boss... just very bossy!

Whereabouts are you?

Edit: nevermind, just noticed it under your avatar! Some of my best friends are Scottish. :ermm

Whereabouts are you?

Edit: nevermind, just noticed it under your avatar! Some of my best friends are Scottish. :ermm

Aye, we're generally good at being best friends - especially if you are standing at the bar! :lol

Five to midnight in the rain-lashed Kingdon of Fife so I'll leave you to the rest of your day

As your Governer said once.....I'll be back

Bonus EPs now downloaded, burned in WAV format on CD and saved as MP3s on iTunes. Great stuff - thanks to Owl et al.

Next project will be to get the Someone Else's Songs collection downloaded. Nick Lowe's "Peace, Love and Understanding" is one of my favourite songs, used by Elvis Costello to encore nearly every of the many shows I have seen him play in the last 30 years. Recently saw Steve Earle encore with it and I trust Jeff and the boys will do it justice. Also (not surprisingly given the avatar) I am desperate to hear what the band do with brilliant "I Wish I Was Your Mother" from Mott the Hoople's 1973 breakthrough LP, Mott.

Now - if only someone can unlock the mystery of when the UK tour dates are re-scheduled for, I'll be happy!