Surf Green or Sunburst??

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats -- it's a good-looking axe. I think you made the right choice.

Thanks! The bad news is, despite it being brand spankin' new, it was fretting out on the 12th and 15th frets. I took it to the local luthier and he is backlogged for three weeks :o So, my new prize is waiting in the shop for a setup.

Thanks! The bad news is, despite it being brand spankin' new, it was fretting out on the 12th and 15th frets. I took it to the local luthier and he is backlogged for three weeks :o So, my new prize is waiting in the shop for a setup.

Yeah right. Your luthier fixed it as soon as you walked out the door and has been playing it ever since.

It's here! I bought it through Ishibashi in Japan - equivalent of $823 Cdn. Duties and taxes would have been another $100 or so, but Ishibashi said on the import form that it was $25 worth of "printed material." Well, if customs thinks that a guitar shaped box is loaded up with printed material . . . then fine. On the online tracking form, it showed that it spent all of 10 minutes at customs. Ended up paying $11 C.O.D.

I also got $120 worth of merchandise delivered today from the MusicToday Wilco store - had to pay $22 C.O.D. for that!

Pics to follow. No sound clips - I respect you people too much to inflict that upon the forum.