• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally ,when a band starts getting this type of attention I would just stop listening to them . Can't do that with Wilco , they are just too good.

I wouldnt mind giving the band the 100 dollars per ticket , Its just that I hate the brokers.

Ill end up paying whatever because the 930 is a great club to see a band like Wilco. I saw them here in Charlotte in June at a much bigger venue , and it was beautiful. Charlotte isnt a good music town ,but the crowd made me proud that night , no one sat down the entire show.

I saw them here in Charlotte in June at a much bigger venue , and it was beautiful. Charlotte isnt a good music town ,but the crowd made me proud that night , no one sat down the entire show.

It was a beautiful show indeed.. One I will never forget.

If you did not get tickets I would suggest posting on here and craigslist, be patient, and persistent.

I ended up getting a ticket for about 10 bucks over face a week before the show last year. If I would have waited until the day of the show I got an offer at at face value by someone who had something come up at the last minute and could not go.

Things come up last minute and people end up not being able to go or a friend cancels on them, etc. With two show this year there should be more tickets out there.

It is frustrating how quick they disappear once they go on sale, but this is a very small and intimate venue. Not very often you get to see a band like Wilco in such a small place.

If you did not get tickets I would suggest posting on here and craigslist, be patient, and persistent.

I ended up getting a ticket for about 10 bucks over face a week before the show last year. If I would have waited until the day of the show I got an offer at at face value by someone who had something come up at the last minute and could not go.

Things come up last minute and people end up not being able to go or a friend cancels on them, etc. With two show this year there should be more tickets out there.

It is frustrating how quick they disappear once they go on sale, but this is a very small and intimate venue. Not very often you get to see a band like Wilco in such a small place.

I hope you are right. I got shut out on the pre-sale and agin today for both nights. I'm only looking for a single ticket to either night so this is extremely frustrating. I'm happy the band is finding success by selling out so many venues, but I sure do miss the days when they played the Recher in Towson and it wouldn't sell out.

agreed! here here!!!!

Totally agree. The best thing to do is wait til like the week of the show. I've gotten tickets to hot shows in DC the last week via craigslist. You will be paying a little *over* but nothing outrageous like ebay, etc. Most of the time people have situations arise where they can't go. I got Kings of Leon and Killers tickets this way and only paid like $5 over. Be patient, but they will come up.

man gettin tickets was a bitch, but im so happy im going on the 27th (in addition to the 23rd show in philly). :rock

the Tower theater is a pretty good venue, ive seen Sufjan Stevens and Smashing Pumpkins there...

BUT

the 9:30 Club is my favorite venue. This will be the latest in a series of wonderful shows ive enjoyed at the 9:30, and the second Wilco show ive seen there. Life just doesnt get any better. I am so fuckin excited. :dancing

Anyone share my sentiments?

Nightclub 9:30 is truly one of the great live music venues in the country - I lived in DC many years ago and used to see all sorts of cool bands at the old 9:30 on F St. in what used to be a bombed out part of town. When the folks at IMP bought the warehouse that now houses the new 9:30 - it was a total dump. I remember seeing the Beastie Boys there in 92 and everything about the joint was shitty - hot, terrible sound etc... I believe the dropped about 3.5 million into the renovations in the early 90's to get the place ready to go. They kept it simple - make a venue that sounds fantastic from everywhere in the room, spread the bars out so drink lines are not long, and create a space the bands always want to play in. They succeeded - mightily.

I now in live Vermont - but will making the trip to New Haven and DC for the two 9:30 shows. If you have or can get tix (that's the big problem now) - and live within a days a drive, go see these two shows - Wilco loves this club and always plays well there.