• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The presale isn't for 2 weeks and I could have bought tickets from a broker!!

The Pre-sale dates say Wed. Jan. 8th. My past experience has always been pre-sale on a Wed., but since the public sale is Thursday is it possible they mean Tues the 8th?

They did fix that, btw: "WILCOWORLD Pre-Sale Wednesday, January 9, 2008. Public On Sale begins Thursday, January 10, 2008"

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like both shows are sold out already, at least on the presale site.

At this moment there are not enough tickets available to fulfill your request. Please try again using a lower quantity or tickets or choosing a different ticket type.

Currently there are not enough General Admission tickets to fulfill your request.

KEEP TRYING!

I pulled two for Wednesday at 10:25.

EDIT: Looks like just Tuesday is left, I must have got the last pair. Just keep hitting continue...

Double Edit: I guess you can only get tickets for one night anyway. I'll have to try for Tuesday tomorrow.

KEEP TRYING!

I pulled two for Wednesday at 10:25.

EDIT: Looks like just Tuesday is left, I must have got the last pair. Just keep hitting continue...

Tuesday's gone now too.

What are the best broker sites ?

They're all scum. For example, GreatTickets.com is already showing Wilco tickets -- at $215 each.

Why these bastards are legal, I really don't know.

Hopefully you'll find some at a fraction of that price.

930 shows are really good. Tried both days to get 2 tickets with no luck.

I hate to give any ticket brokers my money , but I simply cant miss one of these shows.

My advice is not to use a broker, but to look on here or on Craigslist for singles, since this is a GA show anyway. Good luck.

They're all scum. For example, GreatTickets.com is already showing Wilco tickets -- at $215 each.

Why these bastards are legal, I really don't know.

Hopefully you'll find some at a fraction of that price.

That's a pretty sweet $165 profit per ticket. Wilco ain't worth that shit -- no band is. I'll do my part and boycott the resellers, but it won't make a difference, someone else will buy these seats. Apparently this band is too popular right now.

That's a pretty sweet $165 profit per ticket. Wilco ain't worth that shit -- no band is. I'll do my part and boycott the resellers, but it won't make a difference, someone else will buy these seats. Apparently this band is too popular right now.

What is it about the 9:30 club that makes it sell out so fast? Two nights, both sell out in around 10 minutes? Most shows take days or weeks. Is the venue just that small, or that great? I've only been once, about 10 years ago.

The whole experience of trying to buy tickets to these shows is pretty disgusting. I don't blame the band, because I've had no similar troubles with other venues, but this sucks.

I was lucky to get one ticket for Wednesday.

The 9:30 Club only holds maybe 1,500 people and it's in a major market for Wilco, so between the number of fans and the number of scalpers, the shows sell quick.

Wilco often plays Merriweather (booked by the same outfit) when the weather is warmer, which holds roughly 5X that amount. As far as indoor rooms go in the area, most aren't that great. Soooo, they could play other rooms but the 9:30 Club and the folks that book it are some of the most respected in the business. I think they purposely keep shows off the web site to deter scalpers, figuring that most people know how to find out where the tickets are at when the time comes.

930 shows are really good. Tried both days to get 2 tickets with no luck.

I hate to give any ticket brokers my money , but I simply cant miss one of these shows.

I sucked it up and bought a ticket from Stubhub. Prices there seem the best.

I sucked it up and bought a ticket from Stubhub. Prices there seem the best.

I don't blame you. $100 (or so) per ticket for a chance to see Wilco at a venue that only holds 1200 people isn't that bad. Sure, it would be nice to get them at face value...but face-value tickets seem like a fantasy these days.

good news to one lucky wilco fan!!

my husband and i both bought tickets for the wed. 9:30 show.

obviously, we only need one set

so we are offering 2 tickets to the wed show for face value which is $35 a piece, plus $12 service charge from tickets.com plus $4 shipping.

total $86

this is what we paid.

first one to reply, gets 'em

GO!!

it really angers me when people buy the tickets available on ebay and stubhub. buying tickets for the 9:30club (and philly) were torturous and beyond frustrating this time around. needless to say the hoops i have to go through to pick-up my tickets. all of which i attribute to the scalpers and above mentioned options. if people would simply stop buying those tickets, this problem would go away.

but i realize i am only dreaming.